• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shibs

Hi, I am new to this site and I'll cut straight to the point. I have a Amd E-300 Processor at 1.3Ghz. Is it possible to overclock this? :shrug: I've seen a couple of people overclock their E-300 And I've searched desperately for a way to overclock mines without having it overheat. If there is any way could someone please help me. I have a Toshiba C655D-S5300 and I've made my ram to be 6gb by adding a piece my friend gave to me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :shock:

You could try and use K10stat for overclocking in windows. Laptops often have locked Bios'es. Make sure you grab something like hwmonitor or coretemp to check temperatures.

I have heard of people getting an extra 400Mhz on those chips but still that is not such a big improvement.

Also remember that when you decide to overclock this cpu, you will overclock yourself to a 2 hour battery life.

Greetings :)

Laptops are not good candidates for overclocking because they tend to run hot anyway.

Back