• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II (Results Only Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:thup:

BTW: I think the only points that add to the team are the ones you make after you join. But, hey, that's OK. RAC is RAC - it all adds up ... :)

Actually, I knew that, I said that about* my points because I hadn't looked at them in quite awhile and they were a lot higher than what I thought they would be. *Just thinking (typing?) out loud I guess. *Damn, old age is going to suck if I'm already doing that crap!*:-/

Got signed up with team OC on SETI today, posted over in that thread.*:clap:

Initial results of my 555 BE

CPU = PII X2 555 BE (C3) -- 3700MHz (200x18.5) @ 1.4v
MB = Biostar TF8200 A2+
Ram = 4x1gb G.Skill DDR2-800 -- 4-4-4-10 @ 2.0v
HD = 1TB Seagate 7200.12
PSU = Corsair 520HX
PCI-e = PNY 8800gt
Cooling = ACF64 Pro w/ AS5

*Bench test with everything outside the case and temps do not top 43 C after an hour of P95. Installing my new M4A89GTD Pro and GeIL DDR3-1600 tonight. Will post results later.

I ran a couple quick ones last night...

Setup:
MoBo: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
CPU: Phenom II X2 555 BE
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x2GB - 1600MHz - CL9 - 1.62V
PSU: Corsair VX450
GPU: On-Board Video (HD 4250) for a couple weeks.
Cooler: Stock until next week. Probably getting the the TRUE 120 Extreme Rev C or the True Copper.
Case: No case yet. Sitting bare naked on my desk for now.

These are probably not stable with such low VCore... I just wanted to see if I could get the PC to boot and give me a run at WPrime 32M at least. Not going to stability test until I get my HSF; I really like this little chip, but I'm already thinking of the next one... A nice 955BE perhaps?

Run 1
4025MHz -- 230 FSB x 17.5 multi -- 2 Cores --- Voltages in Auto on the MoBo.
wlavrc.jpg

Run 2
3840MHz -- 240 FSB x 16 multi -- Unlocked to QuadCore --- Voltages set to Auto on the Mobo ~~~ I forgot to change CPU-Z to the memory tab for this one. :shrug:
33vks40.jpg

Last edited:
Will be posting a 955BE in a few days, excited about that. Hopefully it will run cooler than my original release 940. Think it was purchased a week after they were introduced. Pumps heat like nobodies business and won't break 3.4GHz with any combo of voltage and NB. Hopefully a brand new 955 will be a bit better lol.

Oh and gonna ask mom and dad for a Coolit Eco 120 for Xmas. We'll see what can be done there :p

Yay new update. Sig rig. The 955 is a C3 stepping and yep that's right you're seeing 3.8GHz at stock CPU voltage. 2 hours Prime 95 and several hours of Crysis, Bad Company 2 and GTA4, all CPU eating games. Not a single hitch so far. Will NOT break past 3.8 though no matter what voltage I try.

fp007r.jpg

Disregard the funky GPU clock was playing a bit with overdrive.

Last edited:
Yay new update. Sig rig. The 955 is a C3 stepping and yep that's right you're seeing 3.8GHz at stock CPU voltage. 2 hours Prime 95 and several hours of Crysis, Bad Company 2 and GTA4, all CPU eating games. Not a single hitch so far. Will NOT break past 3.8 though no matter what voltage I try.

fp007r.jpg

Disregard the funky GPU clock was playing a bit with overdrive.

Nice. I like that desktop too.

Thank you; please help some of us dispel this notion that you need X.XX volts to get Y speed. Every single CPU is a bit different though all of a particular type fall into a range. Even on the same die you may have cores with different properties.

The process constantly improves and with these improvements come higher speeds at the same voltage.

C2 to C3 and now baby steps. We are now at 3.5 Ghz with the 970 though I believe the fastest C3 at release was 3.2. Some early silicon may have needed 1.4v to reach 3.8 Ghz but it can not be a blanket statement.

I have done the same with my 555 but @ X4 I cant monitor internal CORE heat.

Thank you; please help some of us dispel this notion that you need X.XX volts to get Y speed. Every single CPU is a bit different though all of a particular type fall into a range. Even on the same die you may have cores with different properties.

Mine was very cut and dry. I just kept climbing and climbing and never had to touch the voltage. Funny that it won't break past 3.8 at any voltage though. Any advice? I'd really like to see 4GHz. The heat is also well within spec. Seeing maybe 51*C Prime 95 load. Think having something like a Coolit Eco 120 ALC would help me out? Been thinking about one for Xmas.

Speaking of low voltages...

2qtaij7.jpg

Did not stress it too much, but it worked fine for the hour or so that I kept it at those settings doing normal stuff.

Just some more updates. Got all my tweaking done and ran the full gauntlet of tests. 10 runs of IBT high stress with my highest temps recorded on HWMonitor. Also finalized my GPU OC and threw that up too.

fcr4w5.png.jpg

Also did a SuperPi 1M. Finally beat my 720BE at 3.7 :p

33398y1.png.jpg

My best OC on record so far.. :D

Setup: Epsilon
MoBo: Asus Crosshair IV Formula 890FX
CPU: Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban @ 4050Mhz (15x270)
RAM: 4GB G.Skill Flare DDR3 @ 1800Mhz 7-8-7-24-1T 1.65v
PSU: PCP&C 750W Silencer
GPU: XFX HD6870 @ 950/1100
Cooler: TRUE Black Rev. C - Coolermaster R4 Reds in push/pull
TIM: Shin-Etsu X23-7783D
Case: Corsair Obsidian 700D
HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB

bestbench1.jpg

Last edited:
CPU = AM3 1090T Thuban PH-EO
mobo = Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
Ram = 2x2gb PC16000 g-skill 4GBHZ Flares
HD = GSkill Phoenix Pro 120Gb SSD
PSU = Corsair HX620
PCI-e = XFX 5850 XXX
Cooling = Water

WPrime'd.
5.578.JPG
Everest with cpu @ 4250Mhz. cpu-nb @ 3000Mhz and RAM @ 2000Mhz.
Everest1.jpg
Highest attempt.
High OC.jpg

Coming into Summer here now, so that's all she wrote for now :).

Well try as I might I could never break the 4 GHZ mark ...... this is the best I could do.

OC.jpg

Not a bad clock at all considering the load core temp you have! :beer:

I don't know why my pic's don't resize?
Attachments don't resize unless you embed them in the post using the paper-clip symbol next to the smilies icon up by the text color. If you edit your post the image you uploaded should be listed in the drop-down when you click the arrow next to the paper-clip. make sure the cursor is where you want the image to be then click the attachment file name on the drop-down ...

This is the best my chip could do.
would have liked 4 ghz but heat and volts were just to high.
All attempts at 4.0 would BSOD in prime after a few minutes.
Scores in SuperPi are current up to 2m, after that could be my 939 scores.
Going to try the resize again. 5.jpg

Not a bad clock at all considering the load core temp you have! :beer:

Attachments don't resize unless you embed them in the post using the paper-clip symbol next to the smilies icon up by the text color. If you edit your post the image you uploaded should be listed in the drop-down when you click the arrow next to the paper-clip. make sure the cursor is where you want the image to be then click the attachment file name on the drop-down ...

Thanks, was just attaching with the paper clip.
I had forgot to load the user fan setting before running prime so the four pin fan was only running at 50%, after turning it up it stays around 56c.

Nice chip and parts for a cheap build

Nice chip and parts for a cheap build - got similar results as xxSebaSxx:

Phenom IIx2 BE555 - stock cooler and stock voltage stable at 3840, It make well into 4GHz but only with 2 or 3 cores. - getting a corsair heatsink will post results then.

Mobo is ASRock 870
Memory G-Skill Riptide

Chip was $90, mobo was $75AR and memory was $65AR - thanks to a sale last week

3rd try to get to 4ghz

highest i could get stable at 1.5vcore didnt feel like going higher than that voltage i managed to push the fsb to 286 and that made it tip the scales at 1.4003ghz but crashed on the first benchmark so the 3.9ghz and some change is the max for my rig atm i guess.

Attachments

• OC 3rd run to 4ghz.jpg
    OC 3rd run to 4ghz.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 658
Back