• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Possibly fried

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkdog

( happend a month ago )

I noticed my CPU was running at 70c at idle, and 99c at load ( Diablo 3 high settings) I knew I should deal with it but at the same time, I didn't care
It lasted about 7days at 99c before the computer turned off. what is the likely hood the CPU is toast, or say maybe the motherboard is gone? When I turn on the PC, everything turns on, the HD, all the fans dvd drive etc. but the screen remains black. I don't have another AM3 Mobo to test the CPU on and I don't have another processor to test the Mobo with :screwy:
Reasom I think its the mobo is because it has a ram light and its red, accodding to fhe manual that means the ram is out but I tested the ram in another pc and it was fine
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

(( trying to get the comp back up and running to just give it to a friend.
I think the Processor is toast, but I don't want to buy a new one and find out it was the Motherboard ))

Last edited:
Did you try resetting the CMOS yet?

Yes, strong likelyhood either the CPU or the motherboard is dead or both.

Back