• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD pricecuts are HERE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
and this is the only way to get to em'
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc..._Code=M&Product_Code=80169&Category_Code=AMDC

priceshx9.jpg

yeah they are there only with a combo deal .. if u try and look at the cpus on their own .. prices are the normal prices

with those combos, you either have to take the retail box version, which is not discounted, or you HAVE to buy a cooler from them for a minimum of $25.00 or so if you get OEM cpu.
The only retail box there that looks reasonable is the 3500 and it looks like a mistake, being cheaper than the OEM.

Mmm... dual core... I just bought an AM2 3000+ Sempron Manila($55, $66 shipped), and am planning on overclocking it, and using to it hold me off till K8L...

Those dual core prices look great... but I wanto hold off till K8L.

Sweet Find, prices are already starting to drop.

Krusty said:
*Hopes the Opteron 165/170 will drop too

there is no drop on 2x1mb cache chips, or at least thats the word and if there is a price drop you can bet it will be tinmy but anything helps right

HousERaT said:
Why would anyone even look at these AM2 chips with Conroe on the horizon?

Because when the price drops hit, AMD's processors will be almost half the price or more of conroe? Who cares how fast conroe is going to be when something "slightly" slower is half the price. Go figure.

The price cuts are also for 939 and some of us have single core 939 systems and can just throw a dual core into our rigs for $150 instead of buying a conroe for $175 plus $200+ for a new MB and another $100-200 for new ram.

Because some of us don't want to pay the 200-300 watt per second power bill that a 805D entails!

thaclassikz said:
Just get a pentium d 805 if u want dual core.

Back