• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD R9 290 Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Narcis_AMD

Hello everyone,this is my first post here,and also my first OC.

I have 1115 Core Clock,1250 Memory Clock,stock Vcore and the temperature while gaming (Mass Effect Andromeda in this case) 68-75 Celsius Degrees. Stock Cooling(no aftermarket for gpu) and it stays in 100% load ofc while gaming.

Should I keep the powerlimit up to 50%? Now I am on 1115 core clock and memory 1250(I heard that overclocking memory clock is not very important in my case because it has 512bit)
and (this morning I decided to undervolt and overclock step by step) for now,I have no problems.

Oh,and as for PSU I own inWin Commander 850W so,power is not a problem for me.

As an edit,I want to add the fact that for undervolt i succeded -50mV(stock clocks),now I am on stock voltage with 1115 Core clock and 1250 memory clock and the same temperature as above. I gained 8 FPS in Mass Effect Andromeda(maybe less or maybe even more in a different environment) I just want to know the MAXIMUM SAFE VOLTAGE and power limit for overclocking my r9 290 because I would like to go higher. Right now,VRM1 temp 46 Degrees Celsius and VRM2 temp 56 Degrees Celsius in full load. Is it worth the extra 10mhz going from -31 mV to stock voltage(from 1100mhz core clock and 1250 memory) ? I am waiting for answers.

Really OCing it more is up to you, especially since your undervolting it. Going 50 to 100mV over stock voltage is something I've done with my card no problems.
With temps still relatively nominal if your ok with running the fan at 100%, especially on the VRM's temps being pretty good you got more headroom.

Really OCing it more is up to you, especially since your undervolting it. Going 50 to 100mV over stock voltage is something I've done with my card no problems.
With temps still relatively nominal if your ok with running the fan at 100%, especially on the VRM's temps being pretty good you got more headroom.

Well right now I am on 1100mhz core clock,1250 stock memory clock and I see no point in upgrading the memory clock. It is already insanely fast due to 512bit ddr5 and 320 gb/s. also,the memory chip is the weakest point at a graphics card. It happened to me twice on GTX 480

Back