• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G intermittent video sync loss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvee

Registered
I have two of these and they both run error free, in the asrock desk mini's with latest bios, both fail in the Asrock B450 gaming/itx motherboards with Bios 4.60 installed, two different motherboards...
It usually happens shortly after boot up, but then will occasionally fail later on.

I have tried slowing the cpu clock and raising the vcore, but it didn't make any difference. I did not try changing the video settings yet.
It never fails during the Passmark 3d test or cinebench test. Usually fails if you are scrolling fast down a web page. Usually have to recycle the browser and go on..

They also run error free as a cpu, with an add on graphics card installed.

APUs are dependant on system memory. Have you tried allocating more memory to the APU in the BIOS?

Do you have any CO (core offset) set in the PBO area in bios?

Do you have any CO (core offset) set in the PBO area in bios?

No, but I just decided to move the 5-5600G from my asrock desk mini to my PC with a asrock b450 gaming/itx board and I noticed XMP was not set, so I enabled that which gave me a boost in ram speed.
so far it has not messed up....

I am using the 5600G in two Asrock desk mini's and one Asrock b450M and I seldom see the problem I mentioned above, but I heard about a problem that happens when TPM is enabled that causes a stuttering effect at times, and these are all windows 11 with TPM enabled. There is a bios change coming that is supposed to fix the stuttering problem but it's probably starting to be rolled out. The desk mini's have been stable, then one in the Asrock b450m board was the one that acted up on occasion.
Was just wondering if any of you have seen the stuttering effect with a 5600G cpu?

Back