• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Threadripper 32 cores listed and spotted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Current sensor resistors can be very expensive. If you want to make high margin on a small amount of customers, you either do things to decrease BOM or you increase the price. A 5C resistor could easily translate to ~$5million saved.

Current sensor resistors can be very expensive. If you want to make high margin on a small amount of customers, you either do things to decrease BOM or you increase the price. A 5C resistor could easily translate to ~$5million saved.

But really just a bigger bonus for some useless CEO.

Yup ..... I'm all over that. Lol that's more then half a months salary.

Converting CAD to USD that is $1839.65. That's about half a paycheck for me.

More interestingly is that if I understood this correctly is that it is essentially 4 2700X processors. Does this mean only certain threads can work together?

The price seems more then it's worth in my opinion but I'm looking at it from a Bitcoin mining perspective. It's not like it can drive four times the GPUs. :D

Is a great CPU, but today what bottlenecks a lot are the OS. Got one at 1350 USD from Ebay, tested for some time and then sold just for breakeven (was in a hurry). With Linux (like Mint) you can get better performance than W10 or Server 2016/2019.

Sadly I couldnt run W7 Embedded with it so it was a failure to submit to HWBot.

For benching at Hwbot this is a food idea for some benchmarks. For a normal user, Linux is a PITA to get games running on it, and sometimes other apps, so it isn;t feasible.

Back