• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Trinity preview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
384 7xxx class cores is a fairly serious punch!
I wonder if I can get my hands on one in time to brutalize the HWBot 3d06 iGPU challenge...

384 7xxx class cores is a fairly serious punch!
I wonder if I can get my hands on one in time to brutalize the HWBot 3d06 iGPU challenge...

about a million others will be having exactly the same idea, There are going to be a lot of Trinity's screaming in agony at the hands of Bobnova's house of horrors and his cronies on the 16'th :p

Probably, yeah :D

It's a question of whether the much better GPU power of the Trinity can offset the far better CPU of IB.
It'll be interesting.

:D
iGPU power seems like the way to go, most stuff is gpu limited -at least for gaming-
Now, if they could use that power to assist the cpu with multithread computing, that would work nicely.
That's kind of like how CUDA works right?
-I'm at a bit of a loss regarding that tech-
Looking forward to your benches Bob :D

Doesn't have 7000 class gpu, only the 6000 class gpu (vliw4.) With s few things from 7000 class

Aren't they planning to have the gpu take over floating point operations for the cpu in one of the future iterations?

My understanding is that's due in the next generation of APU's. I suspect AMD will kill of their stand alone x86 chips by then. I think AM3+ will the the last x86 only socket from AMD.

Frakk, that link won't work for me..... Is it still there?

My understanding is that's due in the next generation of APU's. I suspect AMD will kill of their stand alone x86 chips by then. I think AM3+ will the the last x86 only socket from AMD.

Frakk, that link won't work for me..... Is it still there?

No its gone....:shrug:

no matter, 2 weeks and they will be all over the review sites.

Hmmmm. I'm going to have to wait for GPGPU compatible software before I can get too excited I think..... Thats what I'm waiting for. Kind of eager to see how it goes. Sounds like 2013-14 is the time to wait for methinks. The current focus still appears to be on graphics.

I will tell you what i have just realised...

[A10-4600M + 7670M = 2083]

That's 950 short of my Desktop with the 5770 at close to max overclock (940 / 1400) and the CPU @ 3.9Ghz.

Attachments

• 11 , 950 , 1400.PNG
    11 , 950 , 1400.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 123
950 is also almost 50% faster though. It's not that close, though it could certainly be further away.

Back