• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd x4 630

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, don't overclock the PCI-e bus, it will quickly create instability if you do. It wouldn't help any even if you did. The bandwidth of the PCI-e lane is not even close to being saturated unless you have a two high end cards running SLI/Crossfire at high res. What you might look at is overclocking the GPU.

1600 memory multiplier is an issue on AMD not because it cant run that fast but it just does not like the multi. You can set a lower multi and ramp up the HTREF to 240 to get 1600 and call it a day.

CPUNB set to 200 and htlink set to 1600. set HTREF to 240.. boost cpucore as you need to run 20% faster and use that as a starting point. If you cant boot that (unlikely) boost cpu nb and when you pass 250 BCLK boost nb and SB voltage a bump or two

HTLINK is SOOOO fast you can run it at less than 2000 and still have ample bandwidth for your video card. I have seen some people say you need to boost it to get to high clocks. I have not found that to be true, but then again I was a on a known 5.6-5.7 chip and got it to 5.8 so what do I know. ITs only my limited experience on HTLINK cold. and my empirical testing on htlink on air taht has me think thusly.

so should i just boost my htlink cuz that is easy to do

exactly teh opposite, in my testing higher htlink results in lower CPU performance.

at a point (about 800 mhz) it lowers gpu performance to that was with a 4890 though. with a 680 say 2000 should be fine.

"HT Ref to 240". He's talking about the "CPU Frequency" aka, front side bus, not the HT Link.

Back