• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amdmsrtweaker and Windows 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarthGrantius

Registered
GAH

Hi all,

I have been using for a few weeks now the AMDmsrtweaker tool to disable APM as my bios doesn't have an option to disable it.

I have just found out after installing Windows 8 it no longer works!

Does anyone know any other method of disabling APM except for the AOD disable turbo core option?

Any help would be great!

Have you tried to run AMDmsrtweaker in Win 8 compatibility mode? It might work to do so.

AMDmsrtweaker will not likely be updated since I think last I heard "kirk" had move to an Intel motherboard.

Application Power Management bios choice for Disable will never likely be implemented in that board's bios since it is borderline for the FX-series processors anyway.

Have you tried to run AMDmsrtweaker in Win 8 compatibility mode? It might work to do so.

AMDmsrtweaker will not likely be updated since I think last I heard "kirk" had move to an Intel motherboard.

Application Power Management bios choice for Disable will never likely be implemented in that board's bios since it is borderline for the FX-series processors anyway.

Ha, setting it to Windows 7 compatibility actually worked!

Thanks mate!

Back