• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN7 @ 200FSB unstable. Help plz.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
redface said:

I have AN7 that came with v14 bios, XP2500+ 0409week, samsumg ddr400 512mbx2 (3 3 3 8)

I can oc to xp3200+ at 1.67vcore and prime stable 24hr, memtest86 stable 24hr. 3Dmark01se looped for 6hours no problem.

maybe borrow a psu with higher rating and try....abit's mobo tends to have stringent power requirement.

Are there AN7 v2.0? haven't seen one here...

Ok I have an Antec TruePower 380watt.

This should surely be enough, I do have a generic 450watt I could try but I doubt it would be any better, what do you think?

Also could you send me that bios v14, I think I have v15 it's date says 03/04/2004.

I'll PM you my email

KHysiek said:

Other differences are placing of onboard firewire connector (in first one is closer to PCI1 and parallel to it, in the other connector is perpendicular and closer to AGP) and one capacitor near AGP is bigger in second version..

Ok well my firewire is perpendicular to AGP.

I was going to try n reinstall XP Pro without APCI enabled (I think that was what it was) that worked for some ppl with NF7 boards.

Anyway still trying...

One more question though.

Because it won't do sync at 200 do you think a true XP3200 would work on this board?

Does anyone have access to an XP3200 that they can try on an AN7.

If it didn't work then it would be Abit faults n we could keep claiming warrenty till we got one that worked :)

Cheers all for all the help so far.

EDIT

I thought of one extra thing I should put in, when I oc to 181FSB this works stabily at stock Vcore. 1.65 I think it is. (It's @ stock anyway!) Weird!

Back