• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

and you thought Vapochill was cold, look at what im geoing to get :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:drool: Two 1/4hp compressors? Yikes. That thing will kill any Vapo or Prommy. Good luck. 3 gHz could be possible if you set it up right, I should think.

funny, the thing looks like it was made for cpu cooling but it doesnt mention it anywhere. wish i could see a pic of the head of the evap.

yeah, i got the mullah, only prob is if my parents will let me buy it! lol too poor right now, only starting to work, gimme a break, in only 16! :) yeah, ill try tooutbid those numbnuts, but ya never know, i aint paying $1000 for that :p lol

by being too poor, i meant that i dont actually have the $$ physically, gotta borrow from the bank of parents :D lol

funny, the thing looks like it was made for cpu cooling but it doesnt mention it anywhere. wish i could see a pic of the head of the evap.

its made for cooling lasers.
it has applications in medical science, and/or photography.
i hope this kid can outbid some of those people, as thats likely who will be bidding on it.

cheers :)

this is an immersion cooler
you just stick the cold finger, kind of like an evaporator into a res, and then it cools

seems like the BTU is kinda weak though

might not be too good of a deal afterall. those things arent made to handle heat loads. they are made to cool a substance down for experiments and stuff.

+20C...180/610
0C.......170/580
-20C....160/545
-40C....140/475
-60C...-110/375
-80C...-60/205

a heat load of 160w will bring the evap to -20c. a heat load of only 20w more (180w) will bring it to +20c.

OUCH.

i wouldnt waste your money. its expensive cause its cascade.

interesting...still got a couple of days, ill do some more research on it :) bah, this extreme cooling is seeming harder and harder by the day lol

treepop said:
well with that sorta mula just buy one made for cpu's......:D

i wish it was that easy, now, i CAN afford a vapochill or Promethia mach 2, but the thing is, i dont want to jsut cool the CPU, i want to cool CPU, GPU, and northbridge, plus some other stuff like HDDs and stuff, so thats why im looking for a CHILLER :D not a prommy or something like that.

a heat load of 160w will bring the evap to -20c. a heat load of only 20w more (180w) will bring it to +20c.

Hell I hope your cpu isn't putting out 180w of heat, casue if it is it is dead or will be dead in lets say 2 seconds, thats a lot of heat man. Hell I don't think that a p4 puts out more than 120 even oc'ed to hell and back. Am I wrong? I know that the early P4s were only rated to dissipate around a 100 or so before they would start meltdown. The 2.4c thermal desing is at 66.2w and the 2.8c is at 69.7. So that thing could very well get you some real good oc's. Or am I worng on this one, and yes I know that the AMD's are much hoter, but if he is going to use this for a p4 he should be able to get -40 or below. I am still not sure if I am reading that table correctly, as it seems to idnicate that if the heat load is -110 watts, can you get -watts?

Archangel8 said:

Hell I hope your cpu isn't putting out 180w of heat, casue if it is it is dead or will be dead in lets say 2 seconds, thats a lot of heat man. Hell I don't think that a p4 puts out more than 120 even oc'ed to hell and back. Am I wrong? I know that the early P4s were only rated to dissipate around a 100 or so before they would start meltdown. The 2.4c thermal desing is at 66.2w and the 2.8c is at 69.7. So that thing could very well get you some real good oc's. Or am I worng on this one, and yes I know that the AMD's are much hoter, but if he is going to use this for a p4 he should be able to get -40 or below. I am still not sure if I am reading that table correctly, as it seems to idnicate that if the heat load is -110 watts, can you get -watts?

good obversation, but he doesn't want to just cool the cpu, he wants everything, and that will surpass 180w real fast;)

nunez1980 said:

good obversation, but he doesn't want to just cool the cpu, he wants everything, and that will surpass 180w real fast;)

Yeah, but if he uses it as a chiller then your talking another story, cause then he is going to be cooling/extracting the watts outa water. I would say that even with a decent rad you will easily be able to stay within params, Now using that to cool cpu and gpu would not be enough, as then yourn talking at least another 80 watts. But as a chiller or single chip cooler that is pretty impressive, depending on the price. Could easily rig up a res inside the case running tubing to two quick connects, and neoprene the hoses on the interior of the case. I know where to get some excellant neoprene tubing by the way:).

When not using it you could just connect the two quick connects and walla you have portable water chiller that will do extremely cold temps. Combine that with a 226 tec and a 80 watt tec for the chip and the gpu and you are rocking in the minus degrees on all three.

Hell I might buy that thing, could cool the whole puter to minus temps and for 25% less than the cheapest phase change. All in all I think that would be worthy setup piece if it stays somewhat static on the price, but inevitably sniping shall occur and the price will sky rocket.:)

Not to mention the fact that thing has modding to the extreme written all over it. Am I wrong or what, cause to me that thing looks like you could put windows on all sides run some dye colored water light that puppy up and hook it up via serial port and you have got one hell of a cooler.

EXCEPT: On closer inspection that pic shows the probe laying on a concrete slab. That is probably the only circumstances that will get you to a -105, that crete really soaks up the watts itself, like tapping into a very huge heatsink. Maybe this thing wouldn't be so great after all.

Last edited:
Back