• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Announcing Sandy/Ivy Superpi Challenge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got monday off school and 3770k that should be here this weekend I will be in on h20 if everthing works lol.

First post updated.
Please check that I didn't mess your scores up!
Nice to see this taking off fast!
Less nice to see myself in last...

MVE Just came out the dishwasher...

Will be ready to go tomorrow night!

Something worth noting... Vaseline eats the "ink" on an Asus Serial Sticker.

Went to try to protect the sticker before putting in dishwasher... Wiped the Vaseline off... And the text came off also.

SOOOO... No more warranty on my MVE.

MVE Just came out the dishwasher...

Will be ready to go tomorrow night!

Something worth noting... Vaseline eats the "ink" on an Asus Serial Sticker.

Went to try to protect the sticker before putting in dishwasher... Wiped the Vaseline off... And the text came off also.

SOOOO... No more warranty on my MVE.

This sticker is in stupid place. Older boards had it on 24pin connector.
On MVG it's next to cpu socket so I had to protect it for tests. When I sent board for RMA and support replaced cpu socket then sticker was a bit burned , like brown spots.
I already sold that board and now I'm counting that something will arrive as a reward from that last hwbot team cup competition ...

This sticker is in stupid place. Older boards had it on 24pin connector.
On MVG it's next to cpu socket so I had to protect it for tests. When I sent board for RMA and support replaced cpu socket then sticker was a bit burned , like brown spots.
I already sold that board and now I'm counting that something will arrive as a reward from that last hwbot team cup competition ...

Yeah... Oddly enough there is STILL a sticker on the Power Connector... But who the heck knows WHAT that sticker is for.

Regardless... Something tells me that covering a board in Vaseline and then putting it in the dishwasher is probably on the warranty exclusions list... LMAO.

A little trick most people don't know either... Asus will Re-Serialize and warranty a board for $120...

In the case of the MVE... If it were to die... I'd probably do that.

But I sent a MIVE-Z in for work a few months back... Serial gone on it also... And it wasn't worth the 120 since they only bring like $150 (If lucky) nowadays anyway.

ASUS support said me that no matter how board looks like , they won't void warranty. Board can have even some mechanical damages but not something like broken traces or damaged chips ;). I mean more like when some plastic parts will be broken like I had with bios reset button, then they won't care.

If it wasnt for this contest, I would have that wallpaper up already! LOL! :p

Last edited:
Back