• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANOTHER comp has been created... god what now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

Well today i wanted to build something... all RC cars were fixed, dirbike was in tip top shape... no more parts to put on the jeep... so why not build another comp....

Well i finally got a soundcard back from a friend today because he wasnt using it so thats what started this thing...

The story. I had bought a combo dealio from frys along time ago... a Athlon XP 2400, ecs mobo, 512mb of pc 2700 and some coolermaster cooler.... I used that comp for a server for the longest of times untill recently i bought the new comp thats in my sig.... so my old main rig ( a p4 3.0c w/ raid 0 80gb hds) became my new server and i love it.... SO today i got this sound card back and i realized that i had all the parts for ANOTHER htpc... yes another.... INCLUDING another ATI Remote wonder.... lol

Specs on my NEW htpc
Athlon XP 2400
512mb pc2700
Cheapie ECS mobo
ATI AIW 9800
Linksys Wireless card
Sound blaster live 5.1
60gb seagate hd (nice and silent)

all i ever paid for was the cpu, mobo, ram, and cooler A long time ago... mabey totaling $140... the case, psu, and everything else FREE from friends and uncle!

so my goal is to get this thing nice and quiet... and its going to be pretty sweet ima be able to play music on it... i will have 5.1 analog going to an older yamaha reciever with 5.1 in and out and then i will have good picture quality for some dvd playing.... god what shall i do with my OTHER pc that i have laying around.... a 2.0a P4 with RAMBUSS BABY!

has anyone else had days like this where you just build more comps cus you have aquired a bunca extra parts....

has anyone else had days like this where you just build more comps cus you have aquired a bunca extra parts....

welcome to my daily life..i acquire more than i need and i keep building linux boxes(smoothwalls, m0n0walls, FreeNAS's)....yet i have the urge(addiction?) to build more.. my HTPC should be up by the end of the week....

coolermaster elite 330
still looking at PSU's (hence the trade deals goin on in the classies)
AMD64 3400+ on the (surprisingly decent)ECS mobo that was on that sweet deal last week... 65 bucks for the combo
512mb pc 3200
(temporary)x1800xt 256mb
160gb sata drive
TV Tuner

smokie mcpott said:
welcome to my daily life..i acquire more than i need and i keep building linux boxes(smoothwalls, m0n0walls, FreeNAS's)....yet i have the urge(addiction?) to build more.. my HTPC should be up by the end of the week....

coolermaster elite 330
still looking at PSU's (hence the trade deals goin on in the classies)
AMD64 3400+ on the (surprisingly decent)ECS mobo that was on that sweet deal last week... 65 bucks for the combo
512mb pc 3200
(temporary)x1800xt 256mb
160gb sata drive
TV Tuner

nice tv tuner... ur gonna like that one...

Back