• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another "do you think this is too hot" thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

I am sure you've heard this before; many many many times, but it's my turn to ask a question that has been bothing me for a while.

I remember my temps being lower. Don't know how much lower, but definitely lower. Here is the deal: I'm running a Thermalright SLK-900a lapped to 2000 grit with ArcticSilver5 on a 2500+ Barton (non-mobile) that is running voltage 1.71volts at 200x11.

It's inside of an Asus A7N8X rev.2 motherboard and according to MBM5, it's running these temps:

Case: 24°
CPU Socket: 36°
CPU Diode: 53-54°

Mind you, I don't think my cooling should be this bad. I just cleaned my heatsink off with an air compressor like a week ago, and my temps have been like this for a long while.

Oh yeah, my fan is that nice 92mm delta from sidewinder computers and it's running on full

these temps are also idle since I haven't gotten around to re-installing FAH (fold team 32!!!)

Don't worry about it, my asus board seemed to read temps a bit odd too. Watercooled with a cascade block, my AXP 2500+ ran about 40c at 2.2ghz stock voltage. On an slk-900u with a low speed fan, it reported 50-55c. Load, of course.

For idle, that's probably too hot. Idle doesn't mean too much to me though, Give us a nice FAH or Prime95 load temp. Unless the board isn't reading right, that does seem like a high idle temp. You might reseat it just to make sure. How's the weather there? I know when summer hit here my idle temps suffered quite a bit.

the temps here are 72.5°F ( don't know how to convert) and I'll get you a load temperature in a few minutes...

edit: it actually appears that I am now running load. The temps from before were idle but NOW I'm getting these readings while on load.

Case: 24°
Socket: 35°
Diode: 51-52°

it's cool to the touch...i really don't know if my readings are accurate now...strange.

Back