• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another FX6100 Overclock Newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Be gentle with me, please.:eh?:

1. Please remind me what needs to be turned OFF or ON in my bios. This ASUS CHV has an awful lot of settings and I get confused easily.
  2. What else can I change to get a higher stable OC. Currently, Prime95 causes core6 to error. But with the multiplier backed off to x19 it is stable.

Attachments

• overclock info.jpg
    overclock info.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
you can increase vcore a bump or two at a time until it can pass prime stable.

Edit: Just keep an eye on your temps as you increase the vcore as they will also increase.

Also, disable turbo core, C1E, cool & quiet

Edit: Just keep an eye on your temps as you increase the vcore as they will also increase.

Which temps? CPU temp is higher than package temp. My AllCPUMeter gadget displays the package temp, but the CPU temp displayed is closer to my GPU temp.

How about those BIOS settings for the CrossHair V ?

You want to keep an eye on both CPU and package temps, also I do not know the specific settings for the CrossHair V but you should be able to locate the green/power saving settings and disable those.

thanks, I still had the C1E on, the other two you mentioned were already disabled. I bumped the Vcore up one notch, and put it back to x19.5 and ran Prime95. No errors for 20 mins. the max temp is 62C right? I'm on a water loop with a 480 xspc radiator. You can check the temps in the attachment. Ignore the minimum temps, I started the CPUID Monitor after Prime95 had been running a while.

Now, what is the difference between CPU temp and FX6100 'package' temp?

Attachments

• overclock info2.jpg
    overclock info2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 68
CPU temp is the socket temperature and Package is the core temp. The maximum for those would be 70 on the cpu and 60 on the package.

well, I got it stable at 4.2GHz using x20 multiplier and Vcore of 1.368...For some reason, I set the vcore one tick higher to 1.375 but it runs at 1.368. Any ideas why the vcore won't go higher?

CPU Load Line Calibreation. It's an option in the bios. set it to medium or high should stop the fluctuations.

Found it. Set it to medium. However, it's not a fluctuation. It's a limitation, a wall. The Vcore won't go any higher. Oh, I can set it higher, but it won't go higher.

Back