• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900 Mod (56k Warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CPU bracket hole cut.

I used the dremel, but gave myself a really wide birth. About 5mm, which I then filed away. I was worried that it wouldn't line up, but as you can see it did. :)

Quite happy with this, first time using a dremel.

Looking good! Nice job :)

Nice work so far looking forward to the finished project

You and me both! I hope it comes out well

Looking good! Nice job :)

Cheers, forgetting it was my first go with the dremel what do you think of it? I really want the case to look like it came form the factory like this. Do you think I need to go over it again.

Yeah, your cutting is no hack job. Unless you want to call it that. ;) I see a lot of cases on this forum that are all sorts of cockeyed. I've used my Dremel plenty, but not much for precise work or finishing. They're making me afraid of modding any of my cases.

Anyways good work! Keep us posted! :)

PPS: What happened to your face?!

Yeah, your cutting is no hack job. Unless you want to call it that. ;) I see a lot of cases on this forum that are all sorts of cockeyed. I've used my Dremel plenty, but not much for precise work or finishing. They're making me afraid of modding any of my cases.

Anyways good work! Keep us posted! :)

PPS: What happened to your face?!

Haha thanks a lot. I think it came out quite well because I used a file rather then going right up to the line with the dremel.

The face is just for halloween, I do it every year >.> Heres another picture taken the same night, so you can see its fake.

I know I wont get it all, and I'm not even planning to take off the powdercoating on the top at all. The only reason I want to get off the old paint was that its chipping off on its own. I never keyed the case when I painted it the first time so its not sticking to the case well at all, I dont want to paint over that weak layer and risk the paint coming off in the future. Just playing it overly safe I guess :)

I never keyed my case for painting as well, regretting it now and only done it a month ago!

First cable managment holes cut. They didnt take nearly as long as the CPU one. I'm hoping I can get the rest of the cable managment holes done soon. I've used the CPU mounting hole to get the 4 pin CPU power through, I'm happy with this, so I dont need to cut any more holes for that. The only holes I need to cut now are for SATA cables, one at the top and one at the bottom.

_MG_5396.jpg

_MG_5397.jpg

_MG_5398.jpg

_MG_5399.jpg

I never keyed my case for painting as well, regretting it now and only done it a month ago!

Yea, when you dont key it, its like a hunny moon period. Its all good for a few weeksm and then the little things start chipping away at you. :) Mines only been painted a few months and now I'm redoing it the right way.

Last edited:
Argh, sorry for lack of updates dealing with swine flu at the moment. I should have some updates for you guys soon.

I mounted my PSU upside down too.. I used some foam tape to insulate it and seal it..

Works good.. Plus it puts the main motherboard power harness against the motherboard tray instead of having it snake thru the bottom of the case.

Looking good man. Is the tower lifted up enough for the intake fan on the psu so it's not over worked? I'm sure you already thought of that. Do you really just want to re paint it plain black after doing all that work to get the old black paint off? I would try to throw some color in there, make it unique. Maybe red and black to match the psu? Just suggestions, keep doing what you're doing I think its going to come out just fine.

Right swine flu is almost over, but I'm having a mini crysis. I'm about to place an order and I'm looking at getting some fans for this biuld.

I cant decided between the Scythe S-Flex 1200rmp, or the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm fans.

I know tht the S-Flexs are good, I have some now but I keep reading about the gentle typhoons.

Is there anyone thats had both that can give me a recommendation on which fan to get. I will most likly be putting them on a fan controller.

I should have an update tonight, hopfully.

I'm not a fan of Yate loons, they are really good value, but there just too loud for me. :)

You do good work zbo. I remember what it looked like when you painted it the first time. Your dremel cutouts are well done. They look like they came from the factory.
I plan on re-doing my Antec and never would have thought about making a cutout for the heatsink backplate. I know your case is going to look great when you get it done.
Get better and finish it.

Back