• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 902 200mm Fan Replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skorpien

I purchased a Zalman ZM-MFC3 fan controller without doing prior research (I know, I know. It was an impulse buy) and found out that it's not compatible with the case fans in my Antec 902 since they have no rpm sensor wires. So as I've been looking to replace my stock fans anyway, I figured I'd get three 120mm Silverstone Air Penetrators and a 200mm Cooler Master Megaflow to swap out. The APs went in without a problem, yet when it came to installing the 200mm fan, I soon realized that the mounting holes aren't compatible :shrug:

So, my question is, what are my options for mounting this fan in my case? I'd rather avoid zip ties as I prefer to keep it looking somewhat professional.

Also, there was a thread I came upon that had instructions to add a sensor wire to the 120mm stock fans by peeling back the sticker and soldering a wire to a specific spot on the back. I tried peeling back the sticker on the 200mm fan, but the plastic is solid with no way to access the circuit board. Does anyone know of a way to add an rpm sensor wire to the 200mm Antec Big Boy fan?

Thanks in advance.

Also, there was a thread I came upon that had instructions to add a sensor wire to the 120mm stock fans by peeling back the sticker and soldering a wire to a specific spot on the back. I tried peeling back the sticker on the 200mm fan, but the plastic is solid with no way to access the circuit board.

It's not solid. The wires have to go in somewhere, and the blade part has to spin. The part with the blades connected should pull completely off the base of the fan. See this video.

It's not solid. The wires have to go in somewhere, and the blade part has to spin. The part with the blades connected should pull completely off the base of the fan. See this video.

I understand, and I was actually able to pull the blades off. What I found underneath was a motor and circuit board assembly that was glued to the fan frame. There were wires leading underneath the circuit board where they'd been soldered into place.

In the case of the 120mm fan (such as the one in that video), the fan frame has a hole underneath the sticker providing access to the circuit board where the wires are soldered. Unfortunately on the 200mm fan there is no such hole.

I would assume one would have to pry the circuit board/motor assembly off of the frame to be able to access the other side of the circuit board? I wasn't able to find any screws holding it down so I assume it's glue holding it together.

I thought you were saying the blade part wasn't removable. If you've got enough cash to buy a spare and feel like experimenting, tear it apart :)

Back