• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SX630II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanx Arch (its a bit cocky but yea read my sig =P

As for pis i know i have them already uploaded so give me one sec i will pe posting some links.

Yes i found that with my first case it was all cooling and moding no sense of hearing then after about 2 months i bought a new case and used 120mm's insted of 9 80mm's

LOL.

Ya nothing wrong with moding just remember to take a break when somthing isant working then come back to it or you will be left with no case worth owneing.

looks good with all the ideas ..

now white rain.. i got a question...u said "AMD FX-55, an SLI motherboard, and 2 top of the line nvidia cards." in your first post.

amd 55 costs 1500 dollers ,sli motherboard ..the nf4 by abit thats comeing out soon..250 dollers...2 topline cards.. 1500 dollers..

btw all in canadain funds.. but darn thats alot of cash..

also syperspy said to get a antec or enermax psu.. heres a few others that are said to be good
1) Antec Solution Series
2) Antec True Power series
3) Enlight
4) Fortron Source Power (FSP)/Sparkle (SPI)
5) Herolchi (HEC)
6) PC Power and Cooling
7) TTGI
8) Vantec

It will be comming out of tax return money, and the processor, motherboard, and vid cards are what I'm splurging on, everything else I need to get is on a budget.

I guess one of my most major conserns is PSU, I was thinking the neopower due to the detachable leads, so I could customize what leads I have, being I'd only need the motherboard power, 2 sata power connectors, and 2 pcie power connectors. It has a 120mm fan in the psu along with dual rails.

I was thinking the dual 12v rails would be good due to the 2 vid cards, being each vid card takes 1 pcie lead ( or via adapter 2 4pin molex leads ) each that having them both on one 12v rail and everything else on the other would keep the system stable even when overclocking both cards and cpu.

I don't really have a case budgeted in, so will try to make do with the one I have.

I haven't been posting most of the day because I had my computer in pieces doing a few minor mods, drilling out some rivets completely removing the HDD cage and the riveted platform it sat on, used electrical tape to tape up all my psu wires, ran my 2 80mm case fan leads behind the MB tray and connected them to one of the spare psu leads that I tucked back there, that before now were just dangling. Ran the IDE ribbon for my CDrom actually underneath my motherboard and used duct tape (ya ya but silver case doesn't show up bad) to tape down things such as wires in the bottom of case that go to power switch, the sata wire that goes to my HDD ect... all in all, the only wire you can really see now is an inch thick black one that is the power to my MB heh (also wrapped in electrical tape).

I took out a rear blower, a dual fan 5.25 slot blower, and a 3rd 80mm case fan and my case is running way quieter and even cooler if you'd believe it.
Also my pitiful little 300w powersupply's voltages are more stable and higher than when I had all that other crap hooked up.

Taped all the holes off that would let air into the case except for the intake fan and the area of the exaust fan.

Intake fan has a filter, and now that the case is pretty much air tight it's going to stay spotless inside. If it wasn't such an unprofessional job I'd post pics of how it looks because I'm impressed.

Maybe when I finally do build my new system I'll try doing stuff like using real shrink wrap for the wires and whatnot.

All in all, I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished in a short time w/ some wire cutters, electrical tape, duct tape and creative thinking.

Go me! :clap:

lol.. sounds like you had fun :)

well i was looking at the neopower because i am about to be buying a new computer myself..

then as i was reading how you might get that something hit me..so i sit back thinking what just hit me.

well i rememberd reading that having 2 top line cards (just one topline needs a min 450 watt psu) since your going to get 2 and toss them in SLI that with other things you would want somewere in the 550 to 650 watt psu.. neo power is only a 480 watt...

i would get the 550 watt ..http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=20550

just me tho..if you want something soild as a stone

EDIT (20 secs after posting) ..since your modding your case join me and arch,clocker and a few others at the xaser III modding topic around here...cant miss it with over 80 pages lol.. its gone from xaser to a all around modding and help area.. its almost a forums inside a forums LOL cyea around :burn:

In all honesty if I thought I'd have the spare money I'd get one of those 700watt PC power and cooling ones.

There's not a lot of diffrence from 480 - 550, and considering the amout of periferals I'd be using ( the 2 cards, 1 hdd, 1 cdrom ) that's it, I figured being the neopower had 2 seperate 12v rails I could dedicate one solely to the the cards and the other to the rest of the system that way the cards wouldn't be bogging down the systems voltages and vice versa making it better than a slightly more powerful psu. That's all just speculation though as I don't have much of a clue if you can configure your setup like that. I really haven't had much luck trying to get a straight forward answer about x component takes y amount of power from z rail ect... to be able to figure up exactly how much I'd need.

Another thing about the neopower I liked was the 120mm fan, being it would be under serious load during games and whatnot it'd need the extra cooling muscle and I wouldn't want the thing to sound like a hurricane.

darn.. i am beat.. 700 watts ..guess you got everything planed out..

if you need picture hosting PM me.. since the link my sign dont work for newer members..

700w is the smaller version

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=339341

There is an 800watt version as well.

If i remember correctly they said something about it being 11lbs heh.

I make take a couple pictures of my case tomorrow I guess and see about posting them, not sure tho, like I said, it is tidy on the inside but by no means a professional job, I'll have to think about how badly I'll humiliate myself by posting them before I do anything drastic.

Just went and messed with my bios settings, and was amazed.

Due to the changes I made in my case I was able to get about 5-6 degrees cooler on idle. I decided to up my voltage one setting (as I've tried before w/o any luck) and up the FSB....

Am now running a p4 3.0ghz at 3.52 on stock air, nifty =) was only getting it stable at 3.30 before, 220mhz gain =)

Can't wait to mod my case now w/ that 120mm panaflow m1a and lower temps even that much more. I'd buy a better heatsink and such if this pc wasn't going to be replaces in 3-4 months.

WOW ..nice job. very nice.. well lets see..its 5am for me..

i been up too long when i type and gota recheck 10 times..

looks like a nice psu.. big tho.. but good. dont worry about humiliating your self.. we all do.. me more then others.. if you ever see any of my older posts ... scary ..i look back and say.. you asked that!..u noob..

but now i am building computers.. lol ...as for all this new stuff.. i cant keep up..money wont let me.. being only 15 ..no job and school money -friday..

maybe when i am 20 i will have a computer to match the one your getting now

lol I'm 14. And the only reason I'll be getting that pc is that mom is letting me have the tax return to rebuild my computer being that's about my only hobby.

I'm not new to building computers, but I am realatively new to building absolutely top end finely tuned ones and then overclocking them.

I guess I can take a picture or two of my pc and post it tomorrow, er ... later today after I sleep. (darn nocturnal sleeping habits)

Also I figured I'd mention the reason I buy absolutely top end of the major components CPU, vid cards, mb, ram and budget the rest.

I don't get the opportunity to upgrade very often this will be my 2nd upgrade in this manner but in all reality the tax return money isn't mine so I'm gratefull that I get to have it as often as I do, that being said, I don't get to have it every year so the higher end system I can build the longer I'll be able to play the brand new games that come out w/o my computer becoming obselete due to infrequent upgrades.

Last edited:
we got more things in commen then i thought lol.. darn nocturnal sleeping habits yep.. i got a pitch black room in the middle of day ..yay..

the computer i have in my sign is by me.. but i am going to be getting a 939 one day for my dad.. all we got right now is a asus motherboard in it ..and a abit nf7-s waitng to be put in .. bigest thing i ever messed up was when i was buying.. walked into a store had 4 K dollers canadain and got everything we needed. ..never going to do that again... costs to much getting it from overpriced stores lol

Hehe, my room has tinfoil duct taped to the windows and an AC running full time, the cops prolly think I'm running a meth lab or something.

I used pricewatch and mysimon when I built this pc, will be using those + froogle to get the best buys I can come feb.

Current pc

Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 3.0ghz P4 northwood 2gigs of PC3200 bargin ram (4x512 dual channel) heh
stock HS and fan. The case lol, same as the thread name. have a Dell M990 monitor still from my first computer, it's 21 inch ( would love to get one of those 24inch widescreen lcd's /drool but can't afford). 8 dollar walmart cheapo keyboard ( I spill things alot lol)
Nvidia GeforceFX 5900 Ultra (overclocked to 490/913)
powersupply 300watt that came with the case
and using a micrsoft optical trackball

hey rain what you think of the pics?

o and it sounds like you are using alot of $$ so may i make a smart sujestion.
you are about to go spend all this money and u have a good rig now.

if i was you i would put the $ in the bank and but a new pc when BTX comes out.

you see the next level of PCing is right around the corner.
we just have PCI-E now
BTX, windows longhorn, and some sort of new cpu with 4x layers or somthing.

any way here is how i am thinking if you spend all this moneyy and about 2006 on the dot for cristmas you are so far behind its not funny.

long horn and BTX will be out by 2006 cristmas so i say stick with your good rig and your XP pro for a while.

(i was going to upgrade my self but there is no point.
i know its a while to wait but its not like ur runing a p3 right now or any thing.

From what I gather there is no preformance upgrade from BTX, longhorn I could buy at anytime, and the new amd cpus that are going to be comming out (FX-57 and beyond) are dual core and I'm not sure I want a Dual core processor.

Secondly, if I don't use the money when it becomes available it'll end up getting spent by my mother on diffrent stuff and I won't be able to upgrade at all then.

I'm wanting to build the pc for a couple of games that are bout to come out onto the market, I don't want to have to wait a year and a half to play them effectively.

Also using the old parts from my computer and some leftover parts ie case and whatnot from an older one we'll have 2 good computers that way I won't be getting kicked off all the time because mom want's the pc.

As with what upgrades I will be getting, currently I won't have enough extra money to buy a new OS like longhorn and that would have to wait anyway.

I liked the pictures they were pretty cool.

I won't be getting the money till feb anyway after tax return time.

In essence I have to upgrade when I get the money or not do it at all. I'm just anxiously hoping all the tech that I want to use is in full fledge production when that time comes.

I have a few chores I need to do and whatnot, after I'm done I'll try to post a couple of pictures of my case.

ok i understand.
o and on BTX i just thik its so great i love it.
i hope your going with the BFG 6800 Ultra OC
it is the best card out there.
ya i see were your coming from now with the thing about needing 2 pc's and yuo will get the money now or never so ya sounds good just make shure your buying smart =)
love to see the pics i will stay up to date with this thread and se how it works for you.

Maybe by feb they will be making BTX boards w/ sli? who knows, we can hope.

What will BTX do to the heatsink config like the xp 120? Will it be able to fit on any boards at all?

wizard james said:
but now i am building computers.. lol ...as for all this new stuff.. i cant keep up..money wont let me.. being only 15 ..no job and school money -friday..

maybe when i am 20 i will have a computer to match the one your getting now

I can sympathise with your there, partially. I'm 25 but my problem is a combination of 2 issues.

A relatively low paying job and the fact that I'm in Australia. All computer gear is priced for the US market, and our dollar is worth 30-35% less than the American dollar. It makes computer gear a fair bit more expensive. Thats why I thoroughly research all my components and procrastinate a lot before buying components.

My one mistake recently was my PIPE101. An excellent cooler if you have a lot of air going through it. The problem with that is that more air means more noise. I'll be trying to pass this thing off to someone else who doesn't give a sh*t about noise. However even my 80CFM fan can't penetrate all the way to the heat sink base. Probably a 92mm 120CFM Sunon would be better but I already can't stand how loud this thing is.

I'll replace this with a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu as soon as I have the money.......

Back