• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec VP500PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent_Assassin

Registered
Hey all
I've been using this psu for about 2 years now and now there's a scraping type of noise that comes from the psu... Its not always there... Neither does it only come on at idle or full load... Its just random
Any of you'll have experience with this psu? Or anyone had the same issue before?
Any advice on what I could do besides replacing the unit?

You might try replacing the fan, but honestly, that isn't a high $$ PSU you might be better off replacing it rather than spending a bunch of time and replacing parts.

If it's under warranty, RMA it.

If not, as was said above, you can try replacing the fan. However, if you don't know what you're doing inside a PSU, you shouldn't be playing in one.

Buy another. :)

Oki
Is it necessary to replace the fan/psu?
Coz the psu is working and the fan is also working technically [emoji23] just making weird noises

Just depends on what is causing the noise. It could be nothing serious, or it could be indicative of pending failure.

I like what has been said already. RMA it or replace the fan.

I would get it fixed either way. I would not want the random noise as it would be bothersome but also because it means that the fan could stop working and that could cause more trouble. If the PSU burns itself up and goes out, I'd have concern about the down-time and what it may take out with it.

I've replaced PSU fans before. Not hard. May require soldering.

Ah okay
I've tried RMA but Antec responded to me once and never again and now technically my warranty is over since like 15 days
I will replace the fan as soon as I get a replacement fan
Thanks for the info guys
Much appreciated

Please be careful inside the PSU. There are bits in there that want to end your life. Do not let that happen.

Last edited:
Please be careful inside the PSU. There are bits in there that want to end your life. Do not that that happen.
Thanks isn't enough. QFT...

I'd follow up again with Antec, especially if you reached out BEFORE the warranty ended. Even so, I would reach out... they may (likely?) still honor the warranty.

I'd follow up again with Antec, especially if you reached out BEFORE the warranty ended. Even so, I would reach out... they may (likely?) still honor the warranty.

That. You reached out to them prior to the expiration of the warranty. That should count.

Please be careful inside the PSU. There are bits in there that want to end your life. Do not let that happen.
Yess for sure will be careful in there
I have reached out to them again n will see what happens before I dive into the psu

Back