• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antivirus of Choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which antivirus do you use?......and why.

• McAfee

Votes: 45 5.6%
  • Norton

Votes: 181 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 583 72.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Norton Antivirus 2002 still running ... found 2004 uses way 2 much RAM so went back

Anyways suggestions on better antiviruses please? ive used mcafee before and it was rubbish let way too many viruses in, norton 02 is good but think is getting alittle out dated now (still has up to date definations though) want one that doesnt hog resources and runs nice and queitly in the background (and actually finds viruses)

On a second note i always use zonealarm firewall but is it really nessecary behind my netgear router?

at work we use macafee enterprise thanks to our sonicwall <3 it

at home i've been using a mix i'm toying with Fsecure antiviri on my gaming rig and nod 32 on my HTPC. i'm also using trend micro on my laptop

Sucka said:
I never liked using a AV....

I'm right there with you. Smart net usage is the best AV Solution out there.

I have a smoothwall running, use Firefox, and scan monthly at Trend Housecall. Along with a host of other things/habits that I have ~ I never have to worry about it.

The only virus I ever had was a key-logger installed by someone who worked for the Chinese government in the railroad division....I got even with him though :)

i switched to Avast!

Where i work (KVInet), we use it, we offer it to our customers as the AV of choice for free..... and i decided to switch to it from clamwin... and have been happy. it's a decent program.

After I deleted Norton AV 2005 14 processes disappeared when I booted my computer up!

Now I use Nod 32 and it's excellent.

Norton CE 10.1 is what I use as it is provided free of cost by my Uni. :)
It is 100x better than the garbage home version. With the home version, my compy was slow and it took a long time to load upon first boot. I just hated the bloated resource hog it was.

I personally like avast over the companies which charge out the bum for softwear which is publically known and of course thus targeted for flaws over smaller free based products.

Norton takes up too mcuh resources. Currently I'm using NOD32. It's ftw.

I use either AVG free or Avast on my compy's. The hell with the bloated resource hog that Norton is and as far as I'm concerned, Mcaffee is just like a virus itself in the way it gets into your system and is extremely hard to remove. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back