• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Asrock Z170 users with Kaby Lake What bios ? Stable & overclockable ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrostyAMD

Want to upgrade Z179 OC Formula to 7700k.Unsure of which bios to use. They have 7.30, and 7.40 listed. First of all need to know any instability noted in either bios. Which bios are you using and overclocks obtained. Also any gotchas to be aware of while updating or using your bios..

Look on ASRock's CPU compatibility page and see what bioses added support for kL for the particular motherboard. That's all I can tell you and you may have done this already. Just try the latest one and if it gives problems try another. And the results may not be the same for every ASRock Z170 motherboard so if you want others to give input you need to tell us which model motherboard. But I wouldn't count on getting a lot of input here. How many people who participate in this forum have that same board and have plugged a 7700k into it? I don't know. Most people upgrading to the skylake CPUs also upgrade to a Z270 board.

My motherboard Asrock Z170 OC Formula have already checked Asrock site and only two bios for all Z170 boards. Just need some feed back from owners of this class (Z170) boards using a 7700k.

Running a Z270 board with my 7700K. Got the latest (2.00) and no issues. Only 3 bioses available for my board. Came with 1.40 preinstalled. My suggestion would be to use the latest and see how your board behaves with the 7700K. As with ANY bios, you know there may be issues. Just because it works on X-board doesn't mean it will work on Y-board.

Sry I can't be of more help.

Want to upgrade Z179 OC Formula to 7700k.Unsure of which bios to use. They have 7.30, and 7.40 listed. First of all need to know any instability noted in either bios. Which bios are you using and overclocks obtained. Also any gotchas to be aware of while updating or using your bios..
Dont make it harder than it needs to be... use the latest. If you have trouble, which i doubt, roll back. But the latest is typically good.

Back