• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any experience with a NH-C12P SE14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

castroman

Hello,

I plan to use it in my upcoming build. From what I can see on their webpage it should fit fine on my selected motherboard. And it sounds like with good airflow it should be fine with a 4GHz overclocked processor.

Parts I'm using: {REMOVED}

Last edited:
The stock cooler will be good for 4 Ghz...

You can also use a quality 550W PSU instead of 850+W...that is unless you plan on somehow adding two cards into that tiny rig you are building...

Also where you do plan on putting that 230mm fan in that case? Will it fit up top as far as mounting holes wise?

Also where you do plan on putting that 230mm fan in that case? Will it fit up top as far as mounting holes wise?

The 230mm Fan will mount in the front of the case. I've also purchased the mesh front so there should be really good air flow.

The two 120s are to exhaust out the top, and the 140 out the back.

The stock cooler will be good for 4 Ghz...

Ohh? Well in the event that I ever wanted to try for more would it be a good cooler?

I have that cooler and have used it in the past. It works wonderfully.

However, you can fit a proper tower heat sink in that case. If you don't want a tall 120mm sink, you could put the Noctua 90mm tower in there. That's what I would do, at least.

I believe that case fits up to 160mm heatsinks... check the website out for details.

Yes it does, in fact I just found a review of the motherboard that was a front page review a while ago with this heatsink mounted: http://www.overclockers.com/noctua-nh-u12s-heatsink-review

That looks like it'd be a better option no? I think I could just use the one fan as the case exhaust looks like it wouldn't allow a second fan to fit on it.

If that's the case would it make sense to just have the two fans on the heatsink, or one pushing through the heatsink, and the 140mm case exhaust doing the pulling?

Yes it does, in fact I just found a review of the motherboard that was a front page review a while ago with this heatsink mounted: http://www.overclockers.com/noctua-nh-u12s-heatsink-review

That looks like it'd be a better option no? I think I could just use the one fan as the case exhaust looks like it wouldn't allow a second fan to fit on it.

If that's the case would it make sense to just have the two fans on the heatsink, or one pushing through the heatsink, and the 140mm case exhaust doing the pulling?

That's what I'm doing with my Thermaltake Armor+. I have a 127mm x 38mm on the front of my Thermalright SB-E Archon blowing in and two, high speed 120mm fans behind the SB-E Archon exhausting the hot air out (one of 'em, unfortunately, through the PSU).

Back