• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any GTA type games that are appropriate for 8 year old kids?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Leisure Suit Larry was to King's Quest what Mortal Kombat was to Sonic the Hedgehog. There have always been 'gutter brained' games out there.

True, but LSL never had explicit sex, nor did it have any cursing and the
MIDI scores were the best.

I still can't believe Far Cry 3 had fairly explicit sex scenes. I don't understand what the point of it was or how it made the game any better -- except for teenaged boys.

I still can't believe Far Cry 3 had fairly explicit sex scenes. I don't understand what the point of it was or how it made the game any better -- except for teenaged boys.

The sex scenes in FarCry 3 were the least of the reasons for it's rating.

I'm not a teenaged boy, and I thought it made sense.

Think about the second ending WITHOUT that, it would have been meh at best.

It's funny how you can be killing people in all sorts of ways but there's a nipple visible all hell goes loose.

I remember when I was like 10 or 11 my parents didn't want me playing GTA:SA because they heard it had sexual content (this was before the hot coffee scandal.) They had no problems with me playing GTA3 or Vice City before that.

Space Station Silicon Valley

Developed by the same team that did GTA 3, but instead of a guy hijacking cars, you're a microchip hijacking robotic animals.

Saw this in ajrettke's signature on this site and thought of this thread...

"Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitve electonic dance music..." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Saw this in ajrettke's signature on this site and thought of this thread...

Actually if you look at the rave scene of the mid to late 90s... Dark rooms, black lights, EDM, and everybody popping Ecstasy, 2CE, all that stuff... Actually disturbingly accurate.

Actually if you look at the rave scene of the mid to late 90s... Dark rooms, black lights, EDM, and everybody popping Ecstasy, 2CE, all that stuff... Actually disturbingly accurate.

Now you just need ghosts to chase you :rofl:

Back