• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any GTA type games that are appropriate for 8 year old kids?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ This! My son plays this and you can essentially do "GTA like" things but in a G-rated way. Stop a car and jump in, kicking out the previous driver. Then proceed to crash into other: cars, people, objects, or drive off cliffs. A lot of the objects in the city can also be broken down into lego parts. It is pretty open world and you have quite a bit of real estate to explore.

^ This! My son plays this and you can essentially do "GTA like" things but in a G-rated way. Stop a car and jump in, kicking out the previous driver. Then proceed to crash into other: cars, people, objects, or drive off cliffs. A lot of the objects in the city can also be broken down into lego parts. It is pretty open world and you have quite a bit of real estate to explore.

I suddenly want this game :shock:

The real issue is I only have one gaming platform at my apartment, my gaming rig. So when my brother's family comes to visit the only gaming platform my nephew has to play on -- aside from
kindles -- is my gaming rig.
I think I'm going to setup a restricted account so he'll only have access to PG rated games.
I'm thinking I might re-install NOLF and NOLF 2, because I seem to remember those games
were PG rated as well.

The real issue is I only have one gaming platform at my apartment, my gaming rig. So when my brother's family comes to visit the only gaming platform my nephew has to play on -- aside from
kindles -- is my gaming rig.
I think I'm going to setup a restricted account so he'll only have access to PG rated games.
I'm thinking I might re-install NOLF and NOLF 2, because I seem to remember those games
were PG rated as well.
I have NOLF 2 here and it is rated Mature. I don't have my copy of NOLF handy but I am betting it is Mature also.

They make some of the LEGO games for PC too. You can even get demos.

People who enjoy card based games must be thrilled easily because they make me want to hang myself...

Definitely nothing to compare to "magic pills".

Requires more imagination. I know, it hurts alot of peoples' brains. Can't imagine what poker/blackjack does to you then. :rofl:

Requires more imagination. I know, it hurts alot of peoples' brains. Can't imagine what poker/blackjack does to you then. :rofl:

Poker and black jack are played for money. You could throw nickels at a dead beaver for money and it wouldn't matter. People would be all over it. When you take money out of the equation the actual game itself has to be fun, which is something that games like MTG fail at miserably IMO.

Poker and black jack are played for money. You could throw nickels at a dead beaver for money and it wouldn't matter. People would be all over it. When you take money out of the equation the actual game itself has to be fun, which is something that games like MTG fail at miserably IMO.

I knew some guys who played MTG, they seemed to have fun with it. They would play it during their lunch hour.

Actually if you look at the rave scene of the mid to late 90s... Dark rooms, black lights, EDM, and everybody popping Ecstasy, 2CE, all that stuff... Actually disturbingly accurate.

um... not just the mid to late 90s... that is still very much alive and happening, super popular too.
theres even mushrooms that the super mario mushrooms were based on, they make you feel like are growing in size.

I knew some guys who played MTG, they seemed to have fun with it. They would play it during their lunch hour.

When you don't have a computer handy, "collectible card" [game] translates well into "turn-based strategy" [game].

Back