• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any info on a PIII - 850 on a BX-133 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DonSandro

Does anyone here have any info on over clocking a P3 - 850 fcpga on a Bx-133 motherboard. Fastest stable speed or any info like that.
Thanks
The Don

With a P3E 850, your chance of getting 1054 Mhz at 124 Mhz FSB may not be too good. If it's not too late, a P3E 700 or 750 would get you a better shot at ~1 Gig. The higher the Multiplier, the more difficult the overclock. A 440BX mainboard presents no problems at 133 Mhz FSB and below. Things get more iffy beyond 133 Mhz.

Yeah, it's a little too late but i'm pretty sure my memory (mushkin pc-133 rev2) is capable of oc-ing past 124 mhz and being stable, i hope. Just waiting for my case then i can let you know, but any idea on volts, i will be using a golen orb for cooling so that should help a bit also.
The Don

While the GORB is great bang for buck, it's not up to the challenge of serious overclocking. I suggest a GlobalWin FOP-38. *Warning* Find out the right way to install the FOP-38 before you install it. It can crush glass CPU's easily when the wrong technique is used. Or spend $10 more and get an Alpha PEP-66.

Alright i'll see what i can do. Know of any good sites for the Alpha that have good prices?
Thanks

Try the following link. He has a lot of cooling stuff and pretty good prices.
Mike S.

www.plycon.com

Mods1-16: I can't seem to get this link working!
Mod 17: WhooHooo, Finally got it!

Back