• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to up the graphics perormance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

msknight

Registered
The answer to this is probably, "no," but if you don't ask, you don't find out... so here we go.

Acer Veriton L6610 QTP - similar to this. - http://www.reboot-it.com.au/used-ac...4gb-320gb-dvd-win-7-pro-desktop-pc-cheap.html

My version has an i7, decent RAM and SSd so I'm not about to junk it if I don't have to, because it's nice and small and I don't want to spend too much cash.

All it has inside on the mobo is SATA. External is USB 2. I'm using the DVI (no HDMI, display port) and the graphics is lagging under some games. I don't immediately see any way of boosting this as there appears to be no PCI expansion, etc.

Anyone have any ideas please? - OS on this is Windows 7 - no intention of upgrading to 10. It's the only Windows machine I have. All other machines are Linux.

Nope. :(

It runs off the graphics on the CPU. The only CPUs which fit in that machine have the same integrated GPU. You don't have a Thuderbolt port to attach a eGPU enclousre so... SOL.

Thanks for taking the time out to have a look. I thought this was going to be the case.

Back