• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have EVGA 680i with a e3110?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zizux

I upgraded the bios, but no worky.

EVGA tech told me to try clearing cmos and load defaults, but didn't answer my question, which was if the E3110 will work on my board.

It should work with the new bios. Clear the cmos by removing the battery for a while. Once the bios is clear it should recognize the E3110 upon booting up the first time. You'll have to set "Optimized Defaults" in the bios.

yeah didn't work, used the clear cmos jumper, loaded defaults with the e6600 I've found people with other 680i boards with these cpu's but haven't seen one on the evga yet. I suspect their bios isn't fully updated or something.

Dam :-/ If I were you I'd give that evga tech rep an earful and let him know what you did and still the board refuses to see the new chip.

Oh I plan on it, I was up till 1:00 am messing with it, (granted I didn't start till like almost 11) the real thing that buggs me is I also have a 630i mobo for my htpc, the xeon works fine in it so I no the cpu isn't doa, and my 680i works fine with the 6600 so I know the board works.

I think they just haven't added support, they aren't comming out and saying it though. I even checked with them before I bought the cpu.

I have a EVGA 680i with a 3110, I have had plaenty of issues getting vista installed and running but I have not had any issues with bios not seeing or recognizing the chip. It has taken me about 2 1/2 days to tweak things around and finally get through the vista install without freezes crashes and random restarts. I have my os installed but now trying to finalize my install you know the put in pc name and user name and such it keeps freezing still and cant figure out why so I'm still working on that but I have a renewed optimism for some reason. Maybe with some more details I can help you out and maybe this thread will get going with more people because I have googled my heart out trying to find help.

Like trying to shovel drying concrete back into the wheel barrow!!!!

Here's one.

You may have to use your last CPU
to update the BIOS, then after it's updated, swap out the CPU.

Didn't we go through this once before with another board?

Not trying to be rude but I was wondering who the BIOS recomendation was going to? Seeing as zizux said he did his and I definitly did mine otherwise I would not be as far as I am.

Back