• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone interested in making a slow CPU team??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

Anyone interested in making a slow CPU team?? (revival of the YATTA team!!!)

Hey Guys
I've been meaning to ask this for a while... Is anyone interested in making a slow cpu folding team lets say, below 1000MHz... Yatta Team!??

Guys please refer to the Official Yatta Team thread here .

Last edited:
I know username YATTA, team 32, was the sub-500MHz team ages ago. However feel free to restart it :D.

Ye Auld Timeless Tinnker Addicts = Yatta? :D

If we increase the rate to lets say 800MHz would anyone be interested in folding under the YATTA team?! (I will be if others are interested in forming)

Jimbob7 Great!!! Fold it on to YATTA, and we will revive the YATTA team! I'm going to dedicate my DSL server (PIII 450) to YATTA now, should be great!

We need more people!!! Join us please!

Its a shame my dual P3 600Mhz, is up for sale. Otherwise i'd put that on Yatta as well, 600 + 600 = 800 right? :p If it doesn't sell i'll add that as well. :)

LOL its ok as long as you fold with the -local flag for each cpu... then its still 600MHz x2 CPUS! LOL

Fold it! It would be great (I hope it doesn't sell, unless you need the cash)! :)

My old monitor died, so i need some more cash. I might be able to save it. I'll see how things pan out. :)

I'd love to see the sort of power we can get, YATTA is currently ranked around 2k should move in no time :D.

This sounds like fun. I have so many old rigs with like p54 200's in them. Problem is, not enuff network space or cards to set up 12 YATTAs' on one line.
Hey, does my p3 866 qualify, or is that over the limit? I know my k6-2 500 would qualify.

I guess your 866 is not really that much over the limit... if it were above 900 then i'd say its over... if you were really being ethical you could underclock it lol, but then there'd be no fun!

Fold what you can over have a look at the adopt a rig thread and see if anyone can help you out with network gear...

If you can get a couple or even one box folding that would be awesome!

I would think 1GHz would be a good limit to set. 1GHz or under, per CPU. A nice round number :).

Lets see how well the Yatta team can do :ninja:.

I've got two rigs folding that both qualify. One is 866MHz, the other is 500 MHz (nice water cooled overclock on a K6-2 300, i might say. I think the EPoX super 7 mobo was the only pentium series with mounting holes for a heatsink).
Y not set a limit on other things as well such as bit rate of operating system? I know folding under windows 95 would allow 16 bit and speed up things a little for folding. Or am i wrong? I forget...often...lol

Back