• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone used or modded a Shuttle XPC mini pc's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkfeet

Registered
A buddy gave me his old Shuttle XPC, its a p4 2.4ghz, old i guess. It works but the PSU is about to go i think. I was checking out the specs on the unit, and it says it uses a mini flex motherboard? I got some pics here and was wondering if I can replace the board with something else? Mini atx perhaps? The shuttle design is very tight. I think the pics will explain. Btw the shuttle is the same style different color, the pics are from a euro model. But its pretty much the same thing but a silver color, same board, etc.

ss51g.jpg

fs51.jpg

The mobo description
FlexATX-Mainboard, Dimension: 25,5 x 18,6 cm
Chipset: SiS651(B)/SiS962L
Socket 478 supports Pentium 4 with 533MHz QuadFSB
Prescott processors are not supported
Integrated: SiS315 graphics-function
6-Channel AC97 2.2 Codec
Slots: 1x AGP (4X-mode), 1x PCI (for simulataneous use)
Supports 2 x 184 Pin DDR200/266/333 memory modules, 2GB capacity
More connectors: 6 USB 2.0, 2 ATA-133, 3 x 1394 Firewire

109506988-149x149-0-0_shuttle%2Bshuttle%2Bsh67h3%2Bbarebone%2Bxpc%2Bintel%2Bh67%2Bchip.jpg

Im not sure what psu fits these things, im guessing regular mini atx psu's might fit? I wish it had pci-e but if I can get a mini * board to fit, and maybe a hackjob on the rear, and if its cost effective Ill give it a shot. Otherwise I guess I'll just replace the psu, cpu, and just plug it into the living room tv as a crappy hdpc.

If I had to guess, I bet you could get a mini Itx board to fit in there. As far as power, I'm pretty sure (from reading) that it takes a micro atx power supply.

Back