• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using acrylic tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Make your sharpest bends first. Then work outwards.

Then I trim to fit, and then just eyeball it for alignment. Worked great, easy and didn't loose a piece.

Outhouse, you must be artistic because it looks REALLY hard to get it perfect. I have no issues water cooling. I can really do that with my eyes closed, but the acrylic tubing looks really difficult. You have to have the bends and size perfect or it will look like crap or misaligned With regular tubing there is a lot more room for error and it could still look good

I just spent a fortune on Monsoon regular fittings or I'd give it a try with my elderly father's help. He's artistic and good at this stuff. He told me he could do it.

Besides building computers my greatest accomplishment was installing a ceiling fan. My father is an artist. You should see his paintings. Let's just say I didn't inherit that. My forte is technology. He can paint but can't use a TV remote. If I tried acrylic on my own, it would look like a blind person did it. :) I wish I could because it looks so dang good.

The negative is [im finding out] if you need to take anything out again, the loop comes down.

Tubing was nice because you can pull components if need be.

I want to replace my PSU fan, and I cant without draining the loop. Good news is these fittings make it so simple

Won't hurt to give it a shot. You're overestimating yourself for failure. You'll do just fine. Just have patience and lots of acrylic at hand. :p

Nonetheless, I see acrylic tubing and dye in the same category. It would be a pain in the wazoo but its all for show. I would do dyes and acrylic if it was a contest and not a main PC. As already stated, it would be such a pain for annual tear downs. Regular tubing makes life such easier. lol

Back