• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anything better than megahalems yet at a siimilar size?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I haven't looked at heatsinks in a while and was wondering if there was a new 120mm champ yet. I know about the giant 140mm's like noctua and phantek but I can't see hanging one of those things off a motherboard for 2 degrees. What's new?

Nothing revolutionary. Even for single stack, most are going to skinnier/taller 140mm heatsinks.

Only really innovative design I've seen would be the Prolimatech Genesis. Nothing that has huge gains over a Megahalem with good fans though.

20101221113934134.jpg

Yup, add some 38x120s to it and you are good to go. H100 should be better than that cooler, if you are remotely interested. I have a true and an nhd14, and the h100 is more than "just a little better" then those coolers. Provideing you get a good one I rekon.. Ive had this one in service since boxing day with no trouble :salute:

I sort of expected that. I'll stick with the mega. Thanks y'all.

Back