• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apart from replacing the hoses, are there any other parts that MUST be replaced?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozumel

Hi,

Basically I want to transfer the loop from the rig in my signature on to a z490 LGA1200 board. I will temporarily be using the same GPUs (until I have more funds). So I will be keeping and recycling both the CPU and GPU blocks.

I am currently working on the assumption that I can keep all my fittings, barbs etc, but the hoses should be replaced as they are perishable and can split. Is my assumption correct?

This will only be my second loop, so I thought I should check first. :)

Thanks

If you are moving thing over I would recommend you take your blocks apart and clean them out, also flush the radiators out well.

Reusing barbs and fittings should not be a problem.

Yeah, clean the blocks, flush the rads, check the fittings o-rings, new tube and fluid and you're done.

The Orings are likely the cheapest part of the set-up, so buy some good quality silicon rubber which are a couple of bucks for a 10 pack.

Sure, just be sure to measure what you have to insure what you order will fit. If the site has the sizes all apparent for the fittings you'll be using, it should be easy.

Make sure to check your fittings for corrosion or loss of paint. It was the only part that didn't make it through my last build. Also check sidewinder for the o-rings. They are going out of business and had the bitspower pack of them dirt cheap.

Sidewinder Computers link

Last edited:
Back