• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apogee GTX Mount Probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seinken

Hey all, I'm just now starting out watercooling because it sounds like a real good way to lower temps ;o.

Anyway, here's my new watercooling setup...

1 x Swiftech MC21 Aluminum Mosfet Heatsinks for MCW60 Water Block (MC21) = $9.95
5 x Tygon 3603 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Clear Tubing (TYGON-3603-1/2) = $14.95
1 x Swiftech MCW60™ Graphics Card Liquid Cooler with MC14 BGA Ramsinks (MCW60-05) = $63.95 Retention Hardware Stock Retention Hardware
8 x Reuseable Clamps - For 1/2" Tubing (3/4" O.D.) - Black (CLAMP-1/2-BK) = $7.92
1 x Danger Den Fillport Reservoir (FILLPORT-RES) = $14.95 Fillport Color No Fillport Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube
1 x Black Ice Xtreme 2 X-Flow Radiator - Black (BIX2_XFLOW-BK) = $59.00Fitting Size 1/2" OD
1 x Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump (MCP655) = $79.95 Water Pump Without speed controller (part # MCP655-B)
1 x Swiftech APOGEE GTX Extreme Performance Universal Water-block (APOGEE-GTX) = $69.95 Optional Housing Add No HousingWater Block Hold-down Plate Stock Hold Down Plate Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube

I have since ditched the reusable clamps in favor of those steel clamps with the screw bit, seem a TON more secure.

I realized that to cool an 8800gtx you need to buy a different mounting solution for the MCW60 so that's still on the way.

In the meantime waiting for additional parts I figured I would set up the CPU portion of the loop and see how good my temps are, but while doing the mount to the cpu I found that one of the GTX's screws absolutely REFUSED to be screwed in... a few times it would stick in there (wasted a good hour trying to get all 4 in) and just pop out and eventually just wouldn't screw in at all so I assume I stripped whatever it was screwing in to.

Are there any alternative mounting things I could buy for the GTX ? My temps are GREAT on 2 cores but the other 2 it's just terrible, 60s just when starting up prime. My loop isn't FULLY bled but it's close and I'm cooling the rad with an air conditioner to boot.

edit: screenie of temps

tempssj7.jpg

Last edited:
Well as a temp fix I just took the screws down from 3 to 2 to even the pressure toward the center rather than a 3 pressure with a high end D=

temp2ti6.jpg

Load btw

Positive, all temps go up when i run prime and task manager shows 100%

Temps have gone down even more since the last pic, 17c on both the cooler cores and 31c on the highest core. I think I can live with temps like these :D

Idle temps are ridiculous, 8c on the lowest and 11c on the highest.

Back