• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling TC F12 running slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I got a pair of AC TC F12 for my H70. What i didnt know is that they had this cooling sensor on them. I have a feeling this is what my issue is but anyway.

With the MSI MPower you can set the volt between 50 to 100% on system fans.

I have the AC TC F12 hooked up to SYS1 & 2. Both fans are running at around 600rpm. Now i know they are case fans, and maybe should have gone with a different model, but done is done.

My question, is it the temp sensor on the fans giving me the low rpm?

If so, is there a way to make them run full speed all the time? What happens if cut the sensors off?

dont cut the sensor off put a drop of solder bridging the gap on the two legs going to it that will make it run full out

dont cut the sensor off put a drop of solder bridging the gap on the two legs going to it that will make it run full out

Would it not work the same if i cut them off, but left some wire, stripped it and twisted them together?

only reason i said not to cut them off is the ones ive worked with in the past were little blue things hanging off the hub that didnt have much to work with, cut it wrong and wont be able to solder them or mess with them afterwards. ive never seen any with insulated wire so i dont know.

edit i just looked it up, yea you can cut it off and twist the wires together. though that one is different so just cutting the wire might work. the ones i ususally mess with are on the hub.

Ahh ok, no these have long wires. I need more rpm, and they are cheap so im ok with cutting the wire :) thank you for the answers

Back