• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic xtreme plus ii compound not curing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boosted98gsx

I tried to install all the heatsinks yesterday, but the compound isn't curing. It's been almost 24 hours now.

Anyone else had this issue? I have another batch (bought 2 coolers) and I thought that I had gotten all of the stuff out of the packages, but I guess I can try again.

I would try the other one just in case.

If it still doesn't work for some reason you could always use thermal tape.

Also, the temperatures I'm seeing are not reflective of the performance increase this cooler is reviewed to give.

I'd be surprised if the cooler wasn't cooling up to spec, I know mine did.

The stuff that comes with the coolers is crap and does not "cure" in the sense you might think. Don't even bother using it on the ram sinks.

Go ahead and use your preference of thermal compound on the GPU and thermal epoxy on the ram.

Also having a problem with CCC telling the fans to run at a certain load %. What gives?

IIRC that cooler has an adapter to plug directly into molex for 7v or 12v. If you are using either of those you can't control the fan speed.

If you replaced the mx4 with as5 then you likely won't see the best possible cooling representation as mx4 is a better TIM. That and as5 has to cure/settle for hours until it is at 100% power, which neither of the mx2 or mx4 need to do.

And if both are installed it can cause issues.

OP. You DO know we also have a GPU forum?????????????

You do know that this is a cooler related issue, not a GPU related issue, right? Also, every review and issue of this that I can find on the OCers forums are in this subforum as well. Please refrain from being arrogant. Thank you.

IIRC that cooler has an adapter to plug directly into molex for 7v or 12v. If you are using either of those you can't control the fan speed.

If you replaced the mx4 with as5 then you likely won't see the best possible cooling representation as mx4 is a better TIM. That and as5 has to cure/settle for hours until it is at 100% power, which neither of the mx2 or mx4 need to do.

I have the fan power plugged into the VGA board. I wanted software speed control. However, they won't run at the % I tell them to via CCC. I have manual speed control set at 45%, but they stay at 27-28%.....

I just ran MSI Kombuster on my crossfire setup, and I am seeing some 350 or so FPS, but core temps were running REALLY hot, 135*C

What, the, hell?

Yes and those temps seem excessively high.

I KNOW! I have changed the fans on the side panel to blow in, hoping it reduces temps, but geez, it's like there isn't even contact between the sink and the silicon, and I know I have installed these correctly....

Okay, I cranked the fan speed on the GPU's to 100%...

Afterburner data:
GPU1 = 38*C
GPU2 = 82*C
GPU1 usage = 13%
GPU2 usage = 59%

GPU-Z Data
GPU Load 61%
GPU Temp 1 = 85*C
GPU Temp 2 = 111*C
GPU Temp 3 = 104*C

What in the blue blazes of hell is going on?

Also, kombustor only seems to be loading my 2ndary GPU and not my primary.

In the GPU forum, there is something about Kobustor broke on the latest W8 patch. Something like that. Might want to read up there for a while.

You can use Furmark to test temps?

Back