• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic xtreme plus ii compound not curing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't use kombustor/furmark/etc as newer cards aren't made to take the load that those programs create. Run unigene heaven or the latest 3dmark in loop to see how your temps look.

Those temps are awful though, the cards should actually be shutting off long before they are hitting over 110C I would think. Are you running the latest AMD drivers and the latest beta of MSI afterburner?

can you take a picture of your system setup?

Pictures of setup. The 2nd card was mounted underneith it. I have since removed it, thinking it was starving the top card of airflow.

here's how the tower stands when running (yes, kicked off at that 20* or so angle)
kPgkmMZ.jpg

Ji6ro29.jpg

Inside
cumgwCh.jpg

Graphics
zO5nf14.jpg

well that definitely looks correct. My only guess is maybe the cooler isn't getting a good mount on the GPU (can check by pulling off and seeing the TIM spread on the GPU).

How are the temps when it is by itself in the case?

Also, what are the ambient (room) temperatures?

well that definitely looks correct. My only guess is maybe the cooler isn't getting a good mount on the GPU (can check by pulling off and seeing the TIM spread on the GPU).

How are the temps when it is by itself in the case?

Also, what are the ambient (room) temperatures?

I sacrificed the OEM TIM to make certain there was core - sink contact, so I know it's getting full contact.

Ambient temp is 71-72*F (22*C).

GPU Temp is at 56*C (WTF??)

GPU clock is 500mhz
Memory clock is 1300mhz.
Fan speed @ 90%

for reference, my processor is sitting at 33*C

Let me close everything down and see if it changes the core temp.

Hi Boosted.

It might be just camera trickery, but the cooler and the video card look a little wonky. Is the cooler still making good contact with the GPU? It might be worth taking it off and reapplying if you have spare TIM.

The cooler is bent somehow, but it is making contact with the silicon.

I am playing minecraft right now, and I am sitting at 58 74 70 per my GPUz temp sensors.

Back