• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my temps good?please check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

distrot

Registered
Hello.

i just wanted to check if my temps are good.
I have a thermaltake shark case .Changed the front fan and the back with coolemaster jetflo(ohoooo now this is awsome cmf).And the preinstalled fans i put one on the low honeycomb panel as intake ,and remove the the 5" bay covers and installed the other one as exhaust.Now at room temp of 28 degrees celcius i see system temp:34 degrees idle and 17-18 degrees of cpu. At load i see 40 degrees of system and another 40 of cpu.Are these temps good enought for my warm Greece climate?
Thanks.

Hi,

Sytem specs (CPU, MoBo, CPU cooler, overclock or not) will help giving you an answer...

What do you mean by "under load"? Using Prime95 or some kind of stress test?

Hi.
Gigabyte 970a-d3
Asus r9 270x
8gb ddr3
Under load i mean playing a game that heats up thw system.

Which CPU?

As a standard, we use Prime95 (Blend) to put the system under load.

As most games are GPU dependant, the CPU is not fully under load.

Give Prime95 a 20 min run and come back with a temp screenshot (Core Temp or HWMOnitor are the temp monitoring tool we use as standard, to get consistency through all the OCF members).

17-18 degrees of cpu in an ambient of 28 seems odd to me.
care to give another temp monitor s/w a try?

AMD temps sensors are far from accurate at idle.

The closer to the TJunction they get, the more precise they are.

AMD temps sensors are far from accurate at idle.

The closer to the TJunction they get, the more precise they are.

yes, I have friends having similar issues with their AMDs.
moving to "h/w info" from the popular "h/w monitor" seems to solved their issue.

and of course, having loads is a must when it come to temperatures check :comp:

Back