• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my temps ok with stock hsf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

MY CPU with Smartguardian is alwats around the 49-52 degree Celsius mark. Is this bad/average?
I have the stock hsf on it.

I thought they might be high. Where should my temps be? Is there anything I can really do about it? It's been running like this for about a month, do you think there is any damage?

for a stock heatsink thats about normal. and if its still running then more than likely there is no damage

yea thats what my temps are running at idle...47-50 C...thats normal....im saving up some cash for a new haeatsink right now....

Jbroad572 said:
I thought they might be high. Where should my temps be? Is there anything I can really do about it? It's been running like this for about a month, do you think there is any damage?

i dont think that i could hurt anything, but it doesnt leave much room to increase Vcore/Oveclock.

are u using the Stock bios?, it is known to read high. Follow the link in my Signaure, to the "4.0vdimm mobiles support" thing, and there is a list of DFI NF3-250GB UT beta bioses, the 9/12 and up have a fix for the high temp reading bug

if you got any Q's bout the bios, just post in that thread man:)

GL
-Jess-

PLOBBY said:
yea thats what my temps are running at idle...47-50 C...thats normal....im saving up some cash for a new haeatsink right now....
yea get a new heatsink. it'll run fine but if you ever plan to OC much then you have very little room to work with.

you're at around 50c with a a64??? that does seem a little too high... im at like 32-34 idle, and like 38-40 MAX under load, and i have an a64 as well, AND mine is overclocked a bit. i agree with jess here, your bios may be rading it too high. that just doesnt seem right for an a64

blackpaladin said:
..... i agree with jess here, your bios may be rading it too high. that just doesnt seem right for an a64

well for the stock HS, and at Stock Clocks and Voltages, i feel that anything showing temps at 50c idle is, quiet franky, wronge, uless there is a contact/TIM problem.

If you he using the stock DFI NF3 250GB Ut bios, hes temps are reading high, as the beta show a large reduction in temps.

and i do agree with the ones that suggested upgrading his HSF, because for overclocking, the stockone, really isnt all that:beer:, and i see in his sig, he says he has Water coolin on the way :cool: , a smart man:thup:

GL
-Jess-

Jess1313 said:
well for the stock HS, and at Stock Clocks and Voltages, i feel that anything showing temps at 50c idle is, quiet franky, wronge, uless there is a contact/TIM problem.
yea i agree with that more than the stock heatsink sucks that bad. im thinking that it should be at like 40-45c idle with stock heatsink.

Ok, I flashed my bios with the 9/12 update and they are now idling around 41-44. I guess that's about right or decent, nonetheless? The watercooling stuff and the Lian-Li V2000B should all be here on Thursday. Time to say bye bye to those, eh? :D

ye that looks a nice idle temp for stock cooling, seeing as i was getting 43-45 idle. Now i get 32 idle with new hs, still have bad air flow tho, in proccess of sleving at the mo

Jbroad572 said:
Ok, I flashed my bios with the 9/12 update and they are now idling around 41-44. I guess that's about right or decent, nonetheless?

ah yes, that sounds much better:beer:

GL with you water cooling
-Jess-

Back