• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any Micro ATX board w/Nforce2 chip in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BioS said:

Do you mean Nforce2 board CAN or CAN NOT run with Dual Channel ram?

Also, Are they all share 128mb? Great, don't have pay extra cash for GF4 vid card. I'm not a crazy gamer, So 128mb of ram out of 512mb won't effect me.

Ofcourse they CAN run with both onboard VGA and dual channel ram. :) I read a review of Epox 8RGA+ a while ago where they compared the VGA performance with single and dual channel ram. The difference was huge - mx for single channel and ti for dual. I guess all nforce2 boards with IGP will make use the higher bandwith, since the VGA simply shares the main RAM.

You can choose how much to share, propably also 32 and 64 Mb.

Henry Rollins II said:

Ofcourse they CAN run with both onboard VGA and dual channel ram. :) I read a review of Epox 8RGA+ a while ago where they compared the VGA performance with single and dual channel ram. The difference was huge - mx for single channel and ti for dual. I guess all nforce2 boards with IGP will make use the higher bandwith, since the VGA simply shares the main RAM.

You can choose how much to share, propably also 32 and 64 Mb.

I guess properly the share ram make the onboard vid chip run fast like the Gf4 Ti ram, but the GPU can't make any different.

If it has 128mb share, i will go for it. Since those pc3500 ram are really cheap now. I can get a 1G pc3500 for 150 to 200 bucks.

Back