• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these idle VCore temps ok

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

builder680

Registered
First Intel chip and only my 2nd overclock (last was on AMD). I am wanting to know if the following idle temps reported by AISuite III are ok for a 24/7 OC. All temps are Celsius:

CPU 37
Motherboard 30
VCORE (Back) 48 <--- seems high?
DRAM1 43
PCE 1 40
PCH 45
VCORE 53 <--- seems high?
DRAM2 45
USB 3.0 41
PCIE2 37

Using XMP profile for DDR4 3000 MHz (GSkill Ripjaws 4 Series, 4x4 16 GB)

CPU Strap 125 (stock 100)
BCLK 125 (stock 100)
multiplier - 34
4.25 GHz

Automatic voltage

System is stable after tested by Intel burn test and Asus realbench, I just am not sure about those VCore temps. Thanks for any assistance, trying to learn and make sure I do this right and not cause any dmg over time by running anything too hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, cooler is Frostflow 240L AIO by id cooling

Can you post a screenshot of HWMonitor while at full load?

Your load temps are OK... which is what matters. That said, what are your ambient temperatures? What cooler is on the CPU? What case do you have and how is its airflow. More info please! :)

PS - Host pictures at the forum... 3rd party links tend to expire after some time.

Hi EarthDog,

Let's see, cooling/case info:

My ambient air temps vary between 21-27C or appx 70-80F

My case is a junker that I rigged with duct tape and pantyhose so air can only enter through filtered intakes: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811124155

I drilled out all the drive cages and hooked up 3 140mm fans in the front as intakes, 1 120mm fan on the bottom as intake, 1 120mm rear exhaust, and the AIO has dual 120 at the top as exhaust in push config. I experimented with various setups with these fans before settling on this fan config. Since I sealed up the case's extra holes with duct tape, airflow is like a wind tunnel inside the case and very quiet. It's just ugly as hell but meh.

My CPU cooler is this from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181842957385

Last edited:
Id believe ~37C at ~27C ambient...

Seems like airflow is in order at least. Load temps seem about right for the CPU and overclock. Does the pump ramp down at lower speeds? How is the pump plugged in? Can you make sure its running at 100% on idle?

20160805_063529.jpg
20160805_063553.jpg
20160805_063613.jpg

water pump: plugged into CPU_OPT, operates at ~2000 RPM as long as CPU fan is 40% or over. those 2 fans use one header via y adapter. water pump scales down if cpu fan goes below 40%, so i adjusted the curve so it doesn't.

Attachments

• 20160805_063613.jpg
    20160805_063613.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Please edit existing posts to add where possible. I have cleaned up 3 duplicate posts, LOL! Also, please host the pictures here, not a link to 3rd party. :)

Ghetto with the tape, LOL!

I dont' have the option to edit or I would have :(

I think it's because the confirmation registration email never came.

These "updated" portions are just me using the quick reply on the same post, it does that automatically, but I can't go and edit other posts, just my last one.

Last edited:
Got the account sorted but when I try to edit it just deleted the posts. I didn't hit delete though. Weird, but as long as those vcore idle Temps of 50c are ok then it sounds like a good overclock, thank you guys. You were all very helpful.

Got the account sorted but when I try to edit it just deleted the posts. I didn't hit delete though. Weird, but as long as those vcore idle Temps of 50c are ok then it sounds like a good overclock, thank you guys. You were all very helpful.
I saw an idle of 37C........

I was looking at the screen shot of Hwmonitor. It has what matters on it. ;)

I have no idea what VCORE temperature is. VCore is a VOLTAGE. Perhaps its the package temp? Not sure. Maybe its VRM temps.. in that case it is plenty fine.

Your idle does seem warm, but, load temps seem fair enough to me consider potential high ambient temps.

You are right EarthDog, Asus AISuiteIII calls the vrms "VCORE" and "VCORE (back)" At least, that's the area it points to when you highlight it.

I always thought it was weird too, becaase I only ever saw VCORE otherwise referred to as a voltage, but I just figured it was one of those things (among many, many, MANY...) that I didn't know enough about.

I love it! Totally my style!
Thanks, duct tape and pantyhose ftw lol

Where are you posting from? I'll restore the posts now.
Throughout the day I was on my PC, phone, and tablet and tried posting at various points from all 3. On the PC now, about to try to get the edits right. Question, when requested to "host" the pictures here, that means to just use an img link with the brackets and url to my photobucket? Sorry I don't exactly know what is being asked.

Last edited:
No, it means to use the image uploader built in to the forum.

Back