• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Extreme4 vs P8Z77 LE Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MediaMind

Registered
Curious between the two. Saw it on the homepage but also on a few other places and I've been curious about it. My usage: I7 3770K with a little overclocking. How is the power delivery between the two? Which is better for performance? I've had the P8Z77-vPro before and it was pretty good. For some reason I couldn't reach 4.0GHz on my last build so Idk if it was the motherboard or the CPU. Thanks

Unsure of the P8Z77 LE Plus, but the ASRock Extreme4/6 will indeed help you reach 4.0Ghz+. Of course not all chips/boards are created equal, but 99% of 3570k/3770k's are able to attain 4.0Ghz.

My vote goes to the ASRock boards :)

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, I have a 2500k on mine, with I run 4.5 24/7 I have it stable 2 hours prime at 5.0 and have had it as high as 5.2 on air.

Yep, these SB's/IB's can reach their max 24/7 OC on relatively cheap boards.
Power delivery is not critical, unless you go extreme cooling.

Any board from Gigabyte, Asrock, Asus on the $120/$130 range will serve you well.

Sweet.. ASRock it is than. I liked the quality of my former P8Z77-vPro board, I've never had anything from ASRock but its reviews are great

You will like the ASRock Extreme 4/6/. The boards are not so important like has been said because of the multiplier overclocking with the k CPU's and the ASRock has plenty of extra voltage from the VRM for overclocking.

Well, I actually had 2 of them (z68 Fatality Pro and z77 Fatality pro-m) and loved them :)

I went on the tech chat a few times to get some info regarding LLC, bios chip... and the techies have always been helpful, professional and knowledgeable.

Back