• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Won't Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I'm doing a build for a friend and I've hit a wall here.......

Specs:
i5 3570K LGA1155
ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance LGA 1155 Intel P67
G.Skill Ripjaws PC3 17000 DDR3
MSI GTX 670
Coolermaster 650W PSU

I got all the hardware last week and slapped it together and when I powered it on I got 4 beeps and no post and it shows an error code (55). I tried different ram, psu and video card to no avail. I tried all of his other hardware in our working computers and everything worked, so I told him the motherboard is DOA. I had him RMA the board to Newegg to get another one, Newegg rejected the RMA claiming end user damage (Which I will be addressing later!!) Well after having to buy ANOTHER board to replace the DOA board, I put it all together today (outside the case on a cardboard box) and I get the same dam thing with this board! Is there a bios update for this board for the i5s or something? How can I get two bum boards in a row.

I am finding posts online that are saying the Bios is too old to support the new line of processors. It clearly states that this board is supposed to support the i5-3570K.......

Sure, you should have an option in the BIOS for updating from a USB drive.

Okay, got windows installed and flashed to the latest bios with the sandy bridge and all is good now. Well, except my beef with newegg! :D

Back