• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock--Never again!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

Today I called AsRock's so-called 'US-based' phone number to find out why I cannot change the RAM timing setting on my mother board. The "technician" who answered was extremely rude, unprofessional and completely unacknowledged about AsRock's products or IT troubleshooting techniques in general. The first thing he did was try to blame the issue on the RAM, then he tried to blame the issue on me, then he just settled with "the mobo is broken, return it." I am an IT professional as so I deal with IT manufacturers day in and day out and I have never talked to someone who was so rude or so naive. I will never buy a product from this company again. I knew I should have stuck with Evga.

I'm surprised you didn't escalate it to a manager or what not... I know the feeling of getting no help when you need it most, but don't let that one individual turn you off on a whole brand! At the least, call back and see if you get someone different!

What kind of troubleshooting have you done so far and what kind of issues are you having? Maybe we can help!

You're very specific with your complaints, there... Not even the best tech support can help without any information.

All of these company's have some phone tech's who are sub standard. At least that's been my experience. Of all the calls over the years I probably have called Asus the most. It's a complete crap shoot :D I have gotten the best and the worst on the same day sometimes. I remember one lady who was the nicest most knowledgeable people I have ever spoken to on a tech line, she gave me her extension so I could always talk with her. For a period of time I had the hook up. Get my stuff in and out. then she must have moved on cus I was back in the crap shoot. LOL I will usually get of the line quickly if I know Im going nowhere and try again in a few minutes till I get someone who I am comfortable with.

Back