• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock z77 ex4 trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Denii3D

Registered
Yesterday I finished my build and it's as follows

Case_Rosewill challenger
Mobo_asrock z77 extreme4
Cpu_i5 3570k
Gpu_sapphire 7870
Mem_8gb corsair xms
Psu cx500
Hdd_1tb seagate

Everything seems to be working great and the problems so far have been minimal. The problem is the errors I'm getting from Dr debug. When I first turn pc on I get code a2 but it goes away within 2 secs and everything continues as normal. Code says ide detect in manual. If I go into bios code is a6 and it stays on until I exit bios. Any one have any ideas?

He's referring to the Debug LEDs on the board, and I don't think A2 is anything to worry about. Is the HDD connected to the AsMedia or Intel controller, and is the controller mode set to IDE or AHCI?

Yeah that is what I thought as well, but there have been reports that installing certain motherboard drivers(particularily sata/hdd controllers) can remedy the error.

i iinstalled all the mobo drivers from website. A few didn't work. I uninstalled the driver rst(v11.7.0.1013) but that was due to auto updates not working and I never put it back. But the problem occurred when I had them drivers anyway. I'm not sure if it is plugged in to as media or Intel. The top and bottom black ones in the second column are what I'm using.

Find out which controller the HDD is connected to, and whether the controller mode is set to IDE or AHCI, then post back w/ your findings.

Capture.PNG

The HDD is in Sata2_2 and the dvd drive is in Sata2_3 dont know if that matters, and HDD is set to ahci.

Back