• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASrock z87e mini itx bad or?....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seratted88

Registered
My signature is what I am running. All is up to date: drivers/bios. All pwr cords are plugged in, express pwr cords in GPU etc.. How is it that that my friend, who has lower end hardware can run a GPU heavy game with little to no lag with the only major difference between our two rigs is that she runs an ATX MOBO vs my mini ITX board. She has the GTX 660 GPU, which I have ran on my rig, with most recent drivers installed, and still lagged, while she runs it on her ATX MOBO and no lag. Without grabbing my multimeter and mindlessly Easter egging on the PCB with no pub, can someone point me in the right direction for lag free game play. I don't want to have to purchase an ASUS Maximus VI Mini ITX MOBO even though I should have done it in the first place...

PS. CPU heavy games, I have NP playing whatsoever.

Thank you for looking.

Complete freeze for 2-3 seconds easily. My lag terminology is behind so I can't go into specifics, but on RUST, yes RUST "Aplha" I know, LAG is over the top.

It does sound like your motherboard, since you tried her GTX 660 also.

Do you have the newest Chipset drivers?

As in going to the AMD website and downloading the GPU driver? Yes. Im just wondering are ATX MOBOs better for GPU heavy games vs mini ITX MOBO.

As in going to the AMD website and downloading the GPU driver? Yes. Im just wondering are ATX MOBOs better for GPU heavy games vs mini ITX MOBO.

No going to the motherboard site and downloading the newest chipset driver for your motherboard, I would try that first.

It sounds like you have a problem with your board since you tried all the things that you can try with software.

Have you tried to format your hard drive and reload the OS and all your software?

Back