• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe 4gb of ram problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiltz

Asus A8N-SLI Premium 4gb of ram problem

I've been having issues lately with not enough ram so I decided to upgrade from 2gb to 4gb but i've been having nothing but problems, i'm running Windows 7 64bit, bios 1009, all 4 sticks are OCZ platium, OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K, I set my memory voltage to 2.8v, 2-3-3-6 2T timings but regardless it won't work right, it will boot and seem to work fine, but next boot it will blue-screen, go thru the auto repair, say it can fix it, then next boot will be fine, then it does it again, I read online people saying they were running the exact same memory with 4gb and the same bios fine so the combo should be ok, but it's not, anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work properly?

Thanks

edit: I guess I should also note I disabled my overclocks as well so the system is not overclocked to what my sig says, it's running stock speeds.

Last edited:
If you're getting problems at stock speed with 2.8V, there's a good chance you just got a bum stick. Try running memtest with just the two new sticks installed, see what happens.

Well looks like I got it working, just required significantly loosening up my timings from 2-3-3-6 to 3-4-4-8, and it did sadly limit my overclock from 3003Mhz to 2750Mhz, but it as at least working fine so I can go a bit longer before finally having to bite the bullet and go for a full MB/CPU overhaul :)

Ok, seems my system just wants to fight me to the bitter end, I could have sworn when I checked before task manager and system under the control panel were showing 4GB available, but now it's showing 4GB install (3GB usable), I am running Windows 7 64bit and I do have S/W Dram over 4G Remapping and H/W Dram over 4G Remapping Enabled in the bios, but still no go, any ideas what the problem could be?

I wonder if it is a bios problem. Have you tried an an earlier or a later bios version?

No, I haven't, i've actually been wanting to try a more recent beta version of the driver but not a single one of their bios update utlities seem to work with windows 7 and the ones that are dos based their site says requires a floppy disk, of course this been 2010 I haven't seen a floppy disk in at least half a decade now so i've been stuck with the 1009 bios which was the last released bios :/

Back