• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Chipset Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EasterEEL

As others have reported, I have also had problems with the stock chipset fan which started slipping/rattling a few weeks ago. I took the advice to contact Asus and they duly sent me a replacement. I hadn't got around to replacing it but was forced to when the bios reported the fan had failed when I switched on today.

The replacement was straightforward and the mobo seems just as stable as ever. However I was concerned when removing the old fan that the grey substance the chip is set in was slightly uneven. The best description would be slightly blistered. Am I right to presume this due to overheating caused by the damm stock fan failing?

Is this likely to give me any problems in the future? Or does the fact the mobo is stable now suggest no lasting damage?

regards....Roger

Back