• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronin775

Hello,when I try erasing my hard drive via window washer,it just stay on the screen where it says calculating drive geometry. I beliave it's a problem with the MB,I put the drive in a different PC and it erases no problem,what could be the problem?

Are the chipset drivers loaded on the PC which it doesn't work on? It sounds like the system having the problem cannot read the details of the drive - have you had any problems with the drive? Could be going bad, according to what I could find on webroot's support site.

My first thought was the drive may have errors on it, but that can't be the case if it works in a different system. If the drive is dieing, maybe you got lucky on the other system?

I don't think either of those are very good answers, someone else may have better.

:welcome:

Thanks for trying,I used the disc that came with the MB to install the drivers and I don't thin it's the HD I have tried to erase 3 hd's to no avail.

Are these SATA drives that are failing in window washer on this PC? What kind of drive is this PC Using to run the OS?

Have you tried a different cable on the PC that doesn't work? Different ports on the MOBO?

I'd expect a bogus cable, port, or controller on the mobo, more than I would an altogether bad mobo.

Back