• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a8n sli premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geeman74

just helped my mate set up his sli on his mobo all went well except he didnt have a long enough bridge but thats not the problem,
the problem is he shut down last night all went well but today it wont boot theres no power light on, on the mobo hes checked the psu best he could,
tried it with 1 graphics card tried all the ram in the 1 slot,
could his mobo be fried?
is there any way of testing it?
theres no smell of burning inside the case either! :-/

Last edited:
How did you test the PSU? Did you jump the 3-4 connection (black & green) with a fan hooked up to it?

Usually, if the light isn't on then the board isn't getting power from the PSU. I'd double-check the plugs - both 20/24-pin and 4-pin to make sure they're all the way on and clicked into place. Also, double-check the CMOS reset jumper.

If this is a new build the next step would be to remove the board from the case - no telling what might get into where on a new build. I've seen lots of times when removing the board takes care of it, sometimes with no obvious issue just that something wasn't quite right somewhere ... :shrug:

How did you test the PSU? Did you jump the 3-4 connection (black & green) with a fan hooked up to it?

its been tested that way

it wasnt a new build just a sli upgrade,
gonna suggest to him strip the full system mobo out and try plugging psu in again out of the case (only thing i can think of)

That's my standard fall-back position.

Hmmm, did he have enough power to do the SLI? I've never seen a lack of power blow something but you never know I guess. If the PSU caps were old maybe one burst or something of that nature? If removing the board and PSU don't work you might take a quick look inside the PSU (assuming it's not new) ...

what are the cards he's running now? and what PSU? have either of you tried clearing CMOS, and removing the battery along with disconnecting all power from the M/B for let's say.. 5-10 mins or longer?

also if there's any A8N32-SLI masters.. it's QI, he will figure something out :)

its a tagan psu
and turns out the psu was the problem done all the tests and nothing
so hes had to order a new one (unfortunatly its just out of warranty)
does anybody know what tagans customer support is like?
ive told him to email them anyway to see what they say

thanks for the help though

Back